Mod Ren'Py Between Worlds Multi-Mod [v0.1.6 Part 3][RiamMar]

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes

Full Mod Release vs Updates

• I prefer a full mod download and I can't or don't want to use GitLab

Votes: 85 52.8%
  • Unlike full mod downloads, updates trigger alerts in my browser or antivirus solution

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • The 2-click full download via GitLab is enough for me

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Downloading the full base mod + update is enough for me

Votes: 10 6.2%
  • I don't keep the game after playing & always reinstall it as new. I have to download both files!

Votes: 59 36.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RiamMar

Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
title.jpg
Updated: 2024-03-29
Game: Between Worlds by RolePlayer | f95zone
Modder: RiamMar | F95zone
Game Version: v0.1.6 Part 3
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Downloads*:

* modded Android port by Ghost''

Last edited:

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
Good to see someone making an effort to make a mod.
Played this long ago but had to start over this time.
Helped a lot!

Reactions: RiamMar

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
Is it possible to fit in a slider for text box opacity? The box is quite transparent and it's difficult to read light text on light background sometimes

RiamMar

Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Good to see someone making an effort to make a mod.
Played this long ago but had to start over this time.
Helped a lot!
Thanks for the kind words!
Is it possible to fit in a slider for text box opacity? The box is quite transparent and it's difficult to read light text on light background sometimes
Yes, some options for the textbox and other features are planned. A textbox opacity sliders and text outlines should be available with the Chapter 7 update.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ali ibn Hassan

RiamMar

Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
RiamMar
New update to 1.4 out just now
No panic
Take your time
Thanks for the info. Updated OP.

General info:
  • Update only releases:
    • If you have the mod already installed, just download the update-to-v.X.Y.Z
    • For new installs, download and install the latest full mod first
  • Dropped workupload as mirror
  • files.fm currently not available (login problems)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ali ibn Hassan

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
will there be a full mod version?

Because i honestly will NOT bother to "patch" mods up to version.
Mods are so small there is really no need to make them "patch - only".
Also i definitively will NOT go your GIT just to fins the files i nedd.

I rather ignore your mod at all - same for the game as result.

The first time i see ANY modder do patches and even link to any GIT repository.

RiamMar

Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
will there be a full mod version?

Because i honestly will NOT bother to "patch" mods up to version.
Mods are so small there is really no need to make them "patch - only".
Also i definitively will NOT go your GIT just to fins the files i nedd.

I rather ignore your mod at all - same for the game as result.

The first time i see ANY modder do patches and even link to any GIT repository.
I'll think about it.

Here's the latest version, with a new injection method. Isn't 100% tested, but should work.
If you have the mod already installed, delete the old mod folder first.

Edit: Replaced originally posted mod download here with updated mod with new WT injection method for Android and PC.

Last edited:

RiamMar

Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
This review was made by Hyperserver
not recommended.
You need to install an older version of the mod before you then need to patch the mod after you have done that.
On top of that, you will need to navigate through GIT repository or a collection of different mods from other games.
Even then, it's not obvious what files exactly you need to patch.
Installing the mod overall is more time consuming and confusing than downloading and installing the game at all.
I rather suggest to skip the game than bothering with this "mod"
Here are my thoughts on that:

When there's a software that only changes a little bit, I find that an update patch is all that's needed. It's not even rare to download a piece of software and the first thing on start-up is an update prompt.

On top of that, you will need to navigate through a GIT repository? You don't have to use my GitLab at all.
Even if you use it, you don't have to "explore" the GIT or look what files you have to pick. There's a direct link to the right project page in the OP and an image that shows how to download the complete mod with only two clicks. Big arrows pointing at the buttons! Extract, copy, paste, overwrite if asked to do so. There's nothing that could be more obvious.

Installing the mod this way or the update way takes seconds.

If it takes you more time to download and install this mod, than it takes you to download the game and you rather skip the game than bothering clicking twice, I'm sorry.

Asking in the thread for a full mod release, not waiting for a reply by the mods author and immediatly writing this review speaks for itself.

Edit:
On the "older mod version"
The older mod version is the base mod with all mod files required for the mod to actually work. The "update files" only contain the recently changed and added WT files.

Reactions: Loquete

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
This review was made by Hyperserver

Here are my thoughts on that:

When there's a software that only changes a little bit, I find that an update patch is all that's needed. It's not even rare to download a piece of software and the first thing on start-up is an update prompt.

On top of that, you will need to navigate through a GIT repository? You don't have to use my GitLab at all.
Even if you use it, you don't have to "explore" the GIT or look what files you have to pick. There's a direct link to the right project page in the OP and an image that shows how to download the complete mod with only two clicks. Big arrows pointing at the buttons! Extract, copy, paste, overwrite if asked to do so. There's nothing that could be more obvious.

Installing the mod this way or the update way takes seconds.

If it takes you more time to download and install this mod, than it takes you to download the game and you rather skip the game than bothering clicking twice, I'm sorry.

Asking in the thread for a full mod release, not waiting for a reply by the mods author and immediatly writing this review speaks for itself.

Edit:
On the "older mod version"
The older mod version is the base mod with all mod files required for the mod to actually work. The "update files" only contain the recently changed and added WT files.
well - the review is made based on the things how they are right NOW.
Whether i asked for a complete full mod or not.
If you think, 135 kb are worth to justify an 8 kb patch instead of doing a simple ~140 kb version all-inclussive, then i think it's justified to do a fair review based on what we actual have.
Once my review is invalid for whatever reason in future, feel free to contact me, and after a check, i will gladly edit my review to new facts.
Instead of writing a whole essay about your thoughts about my review, you simply could have uploaded a full version - just for example.
And with that, i am out - unwatch this thread and moving on.

Have a nice time

RiamMar

Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
well - the review is made based on the things how they are right NOW.
Whether i asked for a complete full mod or not.
If you think, 135 kb are worth to justify an 8 kb patch instead of doing a simple ~140 kb version all-inclussive, then i think it's justified to do a fair review based on what we actual have.
Once my review is invalid for whatever reason in future, feel free to contact me, and after a check, i will gladly edit my review to new facts.
Instead of writing a whole essay about your thoughts about my review, you simply could have uploaded a full version - just for example.
And with that, i am out - unwatch this thread and moving on.

Have a nice time
I don't want to drag this out, but you clearly haven't read or understood my reply when you talk about a fair review.

Anyway, last post on that topic. A shame you miss out on the game. Have a good day.

Reactions: Loquete

Loquete

Mar 6, 2021
Good mod, easy to download, install, and update if needed. I suppose there will always be someone complaining about stupid things.

watchinglolis

Jan 12, 2021
Maybe he didn't express himself well but I'd agree that it feels pointless to upload a file for a patch that will ultimately end up in the same folder as that prior version for a mod that is generally there to add ease of access to values and content in the game. An 8kb patch vs a 100ish kb full package isn't breaking your storage limits on the file host. I'll be playing the game and using URM instead. It may take a little time to set up the variables but I can carry those to the next version without issue and can see path options as they come up. Thank you for making a tied in walkthrough and interface but I'll be taking a pass on micro patches every time the game updates.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Good mod, easy to download, install, and update if needed. I suppose there will always be someone complaining about stupid things.
They will, as most are not good at computer literacy and they do not understand how to do these things. It will only cause confusion.

There are many walks of life of folks here, I've seen some don't even understand to extract the game first then play, or what WinRAR or what is a zip file etc.

Things should be made as simple and as easy for folks, that's the mod author's choice to do it this way, but it's going to confuse more people than it will help, but hey as I said it is his choice to do it this way.

Also, I might add some browsers also block the update of the mod to as an unsafe file, and will put further doubt in people's minds.

RiamMar

Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Maybe he didn't express himself well but I'd agree that it feels pointless to upload a file for a patch that will ultimately end up in the same folder as that prior version for a mod that is generally there to add ease of access to values and content in the game. An 8kb patch vs a 100ish kb full package isn't breaking your storage limits on the file host. I'll be playing the game and using URM instead. It may take a little time to set up the variables but I can carry those to the next version without issue and can see path options as they come up. Thank you for making a tied in walkthrough and interface but I'll be taking a pass on micro patches every time the game updates.
Thanks for your input. I'm not a huge fan of URM, but only tried it twice. If it works for you (y)
I'm not per se against full mod downloads, that's partly the reason, why I provide my GitLab and began to add a picture that shows how to 2-click download the full mod. The patch only release is meant to be the base mod, e.g. v0.1.3 plus one patch download. For example, the patch for v0.1.5 will include the patch for v0.1.4.
This way of release is less about saving storage on my hosts and more about working better with my workflow and making it easier for me to distribute the files and find problems within the update.
They will, as most are not good at computer literacy and they do not understand how to do these things. It will only cause confusion.

There are many walks of life of folks here, I've seen some don't even understand to extract the game first then play, or what WinRAR or what is a zip file etc.

Things should be made as simple and as easy for folks, that's the mod author's choice to do it this way, but it's going to confuse more people than it will help, but hey as I said it is his choice to do it this way.

Also, I might add some browsers also block the update of the mod to as an unsafe file, and will put further doubt in people's minds.
I can agree on the first part. For the second half, I would like to add, that I also want to make it as easy as possible for me. I know that's a bit selfish, but this is a hobby of mine where I don't make a dime. Considering the amount of time I invest in, in my opinion, good mods and ease in workflow to make a patch versus the user choice to download the full mod via GitLab or the patch from the file hosts is... It's hard for me to make the decision which option is better, especially since I'm trying to take better care of myself lately.
To make things a little more confusing, I'll now share my thoughts on computer illiteracy. Yes, we always have to deal with that. I even get questions about where to put the folder, etc. You'd think pictures of the folder structure or a 1-2-3 installation guide would suffice, but if you make it computer-illiterate proof, you'll always find the better computer illiterate.

Anyway, I made a poll to see peoples opinion. (Even the opinion of those lurkers :D )
Depending on the participation and the result, I reconsider my workflow. As I said, it's more about making it easier for me. I'm not totally against it, otherwise I wouldn't be offering a full mod download in the first place. :)

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
I can agree on the first part. For the second half, I would like to add, that I also want to make it as easy as possible for me. I know that's a bit selfish, but this is a hobby of mine where I don't make a dime. Considering the amount of time I invest in, in my opinion, good mods and ease in workflow to make a patch versus the user choice to download the full mod via GitLab or the patch from the file hosts is... It's hard for me to make the decision which option is better, especially since I'm trying to take better care of myself lately.
To make things a little more confusing, I'll now share my thoughts on computer illiteracy. Yes, we always have to deal with that. I even get questions about where to put the folder, etc. You'd think pictures of the folder structure or a 1-2-3 installation guide would suffice, but if you make it computer-illiterate proof, you'll always find the better computer illiterate.

Anyway, I made a poll to see peoples opinion. (Even the opinion of those lurkers :D )
Depending on the participation and the result, I reconsider my workflow. As I said, it's more about making it easier for me. I'm not totally against it, otherwise I wouldn't be offering a full mod download in the first place. :)

I understand, that is why I said it was the "author's choice" as you are the one making and taking the time out of your day to make it for people. Many things go into why people do the things they do.

As a game compressor I always just add the fix and re-post the compressed version, even if it's just a 10kb script change. I do this for ease of use for anyone who downloads, I don't make a dime either, I just do it because it makes it easier for everyone, and quite frankly as I said most users cannot read, refuse to read, or just flat out ignore instructions posted.

Like I said you do you, and I will do me (if I could do myself holy shit, that would be nuts), to me the way the mod is setup is not a big deal, but for a few it will be, that's it.

As for URM, URM is easiest thing to use once you give it a try and actually use it a few times since you can literally mod 99.5% of Ren'Py games with ease, force paths, see all scenes, unlock gallery, change names, see paths, and so on.

RiamMar

Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Does this mod work with v0.1.5 ??
It should, if nothing changed in the previous code. Doesn't cover the new content though, obviously.
I'll have a look. If it doesn't take too long, I'll upload the update shortly. Else (it's 10pm here), it's something for tomorrow.

edit: Found something of impact from an earlier version, so I will add some info in my WT; Shouldn't take too long.
edit2: WT is done, but there is pretty long dialogue that lets the text overlap the QMenu. I'm having a look at a quick fix for that. Maybe my new textbox mod works with it...

Last edit: Uploading, MEGA is already updated

Last edited:

RiamMar

Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
I'm getting virus detected with this new version of the mod,Saying its a trojan.
TL;DR: That's a false positive. If you are uncomfortable with that, you can try the non-UIMod version, I'm adding to the file hosts and this post.

Most of my file hosts, if not all, check for viruses and there are no executables or pre-compiled files in the archive. Just to be safe I the file with VirusTotal. Here's the showing that there are no threats found.
Some vendors like ESTsecurity automatically flag links to MEGA and maybe other file hosts as well.
My guess is, that the UI Mod is flagged for containing TTF files. I added Open Sans and Source Sans 3 as font options.

Since the UI mod is only there to "fix" the one dialogue line that overlaps with the quickmenu, this mod is… for a lack of a better word, optional.

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes