Ren'Py Being a DIK [Dr PinkCake] Previews and Discussion

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes
Status
Not open for further replies.

LokiTime

May 20, 2017
My Favorite creator actually, with the one of Lexi.

Seriously, great renders, great story (yes i enjoyed Acting lesson) and FINISHED games.
Just for that he wins my help and so, my 5 dollars contribution.

I can't wait!

Reactions: IdaenDrako

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
What ho! An update without images? Yes, that's what we have here. Surely it means that Pink has gone all serious on us now. Read carefully and feel the awe...

Status update Episode 1

This week I pushed on with static renders and writing. I haven't got an exact render count to report, but more than 1000 renders have been produced in total (That's 20% of the total render count of Acting Lessons!). The animation count is currently 35 (3 min and 6 seconds worth of animations, without looping). I'm not done with animations yet.

The game binary size is currently 905 MB. I've looked into alternate ways of image compression, but there's a noticable loss of quality with the only alternative format, webp, so I'm going to stick with the jpeg compression I currently have. I will release crunched versions of the game from the start, as the first version will be >1 GB.

Each week that passes the game feels better. First versions of this type of games often have a bad reputation. The rumor stems from many releases being too short (demos), lacking content, being buggy and overall not worth playing until several updates have been released. I want to help destroy that reputation with the first release of BADIK by providing an update that has approximately 2 hours worth of content for one single playthrough (and yes there's already replay value).

February/March looks promising for a release. It all depends on how smoothly the final stretch before beta testing goes. As usual, I'll keep you informed.

Before the end of January I will reveal the final romanceable character Jill. I also have something special planned for you, as a thank you for sticking with me during January.

Currently +$30 patrons are voting on who will be featured in a +$10 preview posted on Sunday and it's a close tie between Sage and Isabella.

Cheers and have a nice weekend!

Dr PinkCake

paiin

Jan 17, 2019
the red hair girl remind me of the psycho bitch who burned my house and killed my girl in ,,acting lessons,, :mad::mad:

i hope i can control the ending more in this game (acting lesson endings were extremely sad ) :cry::cry::cry:

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
the renders look promising, but if you know the cameo story in RtP and AL, I won't play anything else made by DrPinkcake

mpa71

Dec 18, 2017
I hope the game have the whole variety of female to romance, like Black/Asian/Arab/Indian/Latina/Mixed characters.
Here about a (Les Origines de la Beaute) with a lot of women of different ethic.

It's a campus, normally you see a lot of culture.

Reactions: Enyos

ssff

Oct 23, 2017
Because Liam is black And he is one of the best side Characters in a game.
And i think IF Dr Pinkcake would make a game with a great Story And a black Protagonist would be a dream

Reactions: paiin
Status
Not open for further replies.
4.50 star(s) 2 Votes