BB crash

malvin1

Aug 18, 2017
The game was working on same hw. with the Win 8.1 universal MS video driver.
But it crashes with the proper (ATI Radeon Xpress 200 Series (RS480)) driver.

Snap1000.png

I can not rollback the driver, because there was an "universal" and an "Unknown" (with no driver) Display adapter in the Device Manager.
Now the Radeon remained, and there is nothing to rollback with that.
I tried to get the windows to find again a video driver,
but it says, that the driver is up-to-date and it does not offer the MS universal video driver.

Asphyx

Jun 11, 2017
It is not about money! I was considering a lot of time, that I would need a new machine.
But it is very tough to put a new system together with the huge number of programs collected over several years.

I increased pagefile size (min 5GB, max 10GB), but no change.

What may be "considered" although:
The game was working ON THIS HW (with this size of memory and this video card) with the universal MS video driver.
But it crashes with the ATI driver.
Pelele's comment #10891 also strengthens driver problem:

But the problem is now that I can not rollback the driver, because there was an "universal" and an "Unknown" (with no driver) Display adapter in the Device Manager.
Now the Radeon remained, and there is nothing to rollback with that.
I tried to get the windows to find again a video driver,
but it says, that the driver is up-to-date and it does not offer the MS universal video driver.
You will have to un-install the ATI Drivers and then select update drivers and manually select the MS Default.
But the real solution really is to upgrade to Win 10 It fixes many of the Hardware issues of Win8 and comes with a much better DirectX 12 which will solve some of your problems.

You should have gotten the Free Update for Win10. If not and it is too late to upgrade, you can always use KMSPico to activate Win10. Just use the Upgrade option during install so you don't lose any programs you have installed.
Then Open up file explorer, Right Click on "This PC" and select Properties from the menu.

If it says you are activated you can skip the KMS Pico Activator.