• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

RPGM Battle HP,Stats customisation & MC thingy

EYECRED

Jun 6, 2017
I know that's one "short" title.

So, my questions:

Could I somehow make all the characters in battle start at 0 "HP" and make the winning condition to have to make enemy reach max HP?

Kinda related to the above question, can I change the name of the stats(including hp, str,dex etc)?

Is it possible to make the MC not usable in battle?You go around the world with the MC but, in battle use the team you asambled.In my case it would be just one character/slave, if you wish, that the MC would control.

If there are plugins or tuts, that you know of, I would be very thankful!I didn't manage to find anything.... >.>

Ereg

Jun 20, 2017
You can change the names of the stats for sure. In MV it's the "Terms" tab of the database window. You can change the names of just about anything, along with the default messages for different actions. Like I've been tinkering with a vampire game where the "combat" is them trying to get away from you as you feed on them. Their attacks are all MP draining, and I renamed MP to "grip" with them escaping if your MP ever reaches zero. I also was able to rename "escape" to "release" with messages "You attempt to release them." and then if it fails "But you are overcome with bloodlust."

As to having someone other than the MC fighting, I don't know of any plugins for it, but I imagine you could just setup a common event to swap characters and just call it at the beginning of every battle. If the battles are being initiated by player actions (e.g. you walk up to a monster and hit the space bar to attack it) you could just call the swap as part of that event. If it's random encounters you'd probably just want to slide in a pokemon style "Pikachu, I choose you!" bit on Turn 0 of every troop to swap yourself for your fighter(s).

And for trying to invert a target's HP, I have no idea if that would be possible. It might just be simpler to rename HP to something like "damage" (or something more appropriate to what you intend to have it represent) and have it go down as normal in response to "attacks".

Reactions: EYECRED