NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018

Hey, all!
Wanted to stop in with an update and some details on the upcoming release. First, we're almost done. We're 2-3 days from going to beta, and our testers all have their assignments and are ready to go. The build they're getting will be missing some animations, so those can render during the beta process and help move up the release date.
We are not yet able to give you a release date. We hoped it would be by the end of the month, but that's 10 days away and with Slockie's rig still chugging along that's feeling unlikely.
We that in mind, and to say thank you all for your support the past year and a half, we are making the final chapter of Bare Witness available to anyone who has, at any point in development, supported for $10 or more. That means if you supported at the Silver tier for a single month back in 2022, you get the build. It means that if you supported at the Tip Jar tier for 10 months and cancel tomorrow, you get the build.
As usual, current Silver, Gold, Platinum, and EP tiers will all receive chapter 5 on day one of release. Current Bronze patrons will receive the build 3 days after that, and everyone who qualifies for the $10 of support will receive the build 2 days after that.
There will be no public release for chapter 5.
Also, just to note: this will not be the final version of the game. We'll be working on updating some of the visuals in chapter 1 and doing some minor rewrites to various scenes, preparing the game for its Steam release. The Steam-ready version of the game will be made available in the future to all Patrons at the Silver, Gold, Platinum, and EP tiers, though obviously we don't have a release date for that just yet.

Thanks again, everyone! Keep an eye open in the next few days for an announcement on release dates. We appreciate you being here, and look forward to you getting the final chapter of Bare Witness in your hands soon.
GG9h5Aua0AAuGPO.jpeg

Snakemann

Jul 6, 2020
Is it possible if i start supporting now to still get the game? I would really like to buy it from Steam, but sadly thats not possible in my country

Toni891

Jul 13, 2018
What i imagine as a nice ending for the Heidi/Athena path:

Since polygamy is illegal in the US, Jackson decides to marry one of them (gotta choose) to "keep up appearances" and the scene at the wedding goes:

at the altar he's facing his chosen bride, with the one not chosen right behind her as bridesmaid and as the priest goes "do you Jackson take Athena/Heidi as your wife, etc." He looks at his bride, then slightly glances at the bridesmaid, making her smile then looks back at the priest and says "i do". cut to some time later the 3 of them happily together as one big family and both girls pregnant.

but oh well, a man can dream....

i know we'll be more than happy with what Storm and Slockie are preparing for us!
Not sure you give a f... about a marriage at church if you live against its rules anyway. I'd certainly not stand in second row. If a polygamy marriage is illegal you don't marry, it's that simple :D Nobody stops you from living with more than one partner. =)

might have some jealous neighbours though xD

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
Just played this for the first time and i almost lost my shit thinking you couldn't get a true Val route.

Boy am i glad i was wrong....

MagicShoppe

Jan 6, 2024
Did I miss something? Have the HAM harem, and still dating Sadie, and promise a baby to Val. Heidi and MC were trying to shop for beds when they discover the bed they like is identical to Athena's bed. Go to her room and get frisky while A is streaming a video game. They convince her to stop her stream and just as she's tackling Heidi, the scene switched to Val's car and MC and Val kissing before going to her place to have "baby sex".

The scene cut was so abrupt. I'm wondering if I missed something.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Did I miss something? Have the HAM harem, and still dating Sadie, and promise a baby to Val. Heidi and MC were trying to shop for beds when they discover the bed they like is identical to Athena's bed. Go to her room and get frisky while A is streaming a video game. They convince her to stop her stream and just as she's tackling Heidi, the scene switched to Val's car and MC and Val kissing before going to her place to have "baby sex".

The scene cut was so abrupt. I'm wondering if I missed something.
Na, doesn't matter if you have Val or not, that was the whole scene. It was more about them being cute than their next sex act.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Yeah, I noticed the scene changes are more and more abrupt as the game goes on.
I think it's just that before chapter 4 it was all about building the relationships and character development. Chapter 4 is more about expanding on and deepening the established relationships, meaning much of the could-be sex was sacrificed for development and to keep the chapter from getting bloated. Still, there was also the 11 endings to prepare for. The sex that is available is fantastic, but it was limited to keep the story moving.

4.50 star(s) 206 Votes