Mod Ren'Py Bare Witness [Ch. 5] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I don't remember ever doing skip mode, or is it the same if I rolled back to save before this event? Either way, I'll give that a try.
I'm not saying you were skipping but RenPy thinks you were right before the exception error with this bit:
Code:
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3897, in interact_core
    renpy.display.behavior.skipping(ev)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 272, in skipping
    if map_keyup(ev, "skip") or map_event(ev, "stop_skipping"):
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 242, in map_keyup
    if (name in ev.eventnames) and ev.up:

BadWolf71

Jan 1, 2019
I'm not saying you were skipping but RenPy thinks you were right before the exception error with this bit:
Code:
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3897, in interact_core
    renpy.display.behavior.skipping(ev)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 272, in skipping
    if map_keyup(ev, "skip") or map_event(ev, "stop_skipping"):
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 242, in map_keyup
    if (name in ev.eventnames) and ev.up:
I got past that part, so I would say that it worked.

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
having start up error on a fresh installation...any tip?

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/cgym.rpy", line 2609, in script
image cgymh2i = Composite(
File "game/cgym.rpy", line 2612, in <module>
(0, 0), At("images/V8/cgymh2eyes.png", blink),
NameError: name 'blink' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 326, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 515, in main
renpy.game.context().run(node)
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1021, in execute
img = renpy.python.py_eval_bytecode(self.code.bytecode)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2242, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.3.1414
Bare Witness 0.4
Sun Mar 12 11:16:02 2023

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
having start up error on a fresh installation...any tip?

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 326, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 515, in main
renpy.game.context().run(node)
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1021, in execute
img = renpy.python.py_eval_bytecode(self.code.bytecode)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2242, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.3.1414
Bare Witness 0.4
Sun Mar 12 11:16:02 2023
You must have done something else besides "a fresh install". 1) there is no file "cgym" inside the "/game" folder. 2) there are no image subfolders so therefore the file "/V8/cgymh2eyes.png" doesn't even exist in the base VN.

Time to be honest... what exactly did you install? The only VN I know of on the planet that has that has that particular character model blink animation code is "Power Vacuum" found here.

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
You must have done something else besides "a fresh install". 1) there is no file "cgym" inside the "/game" folder. 2) there are no image subfolders so therefore the file "/V8/cgymh2eyes.png" doesn't even exist in the base VN.

Time to be honest... what exactly did you install? The only VN I know of on the planet that has that has that particular character model blink animation code is "Power Vacuum" found here.
yup ..seems i mixed up things.( sry...wanna ask if your mod is good to go with the 04b update, thanks

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
yup ..seems i mixed up things.( sry...wanna ask if your mod is good to go with the 04b update, thanks
Good morning. It is indeed. "b" was a dev minor bug fix build that fixed things I reported when I was coding Ch4. He may have fixed some other minor grammaticals but nothing serious. The mod is considered stable until Ch5 releases tbh. It's all good, install and enjoy.

Reactions: risky0 and JennaJJ

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
Good morning. It is indeed. "b" was a dev minor bug fix build that fixed things I reported when I was coding Ch4. He may have fixed some other minor grammaticals but nothing serious. The mod is considered stable until Ch5 releases tbh. It's all good, install and enjoy.
thasnk u veryh much :)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod QM HoverMode detail:

One of the new features (I know, it's minor but it's been requested more than a few times) is a QM hover mode. This one is coded pretty slick, since the QM is toggled in one of three ways: via the MiniMenu, SanchoOptions, or HotKey "q". Each one effects the QM differently so it was a bit tricky to code intuitively and correctly.
  • Via the MiniMenu only toggles the QM On/Off regardless of any current setting (regardless of On/Off/Hover).
  • Via SanchoOptions and you get everything in one place to tweak the QM (teaser below).
  • Via HotKey "q" cycles through the QM stages (On/Off/Hover).
  • All three above populate an associated SanchoNotifications (the upper-left notification flag) to let you know what mode QM is in.
I made it so if the player has the HoverMode enabled that the QM is shown with SanchoOptions screen open so you can actually see the QuickMenu while adjusting parameters. Once the player is done adjusting it, if the HoverMode is still active then when SanchoOptions is closed the QM goes back into its HoverMode state (hidden until the player mouses over a specified target area). HoverMode is automatically reset to Off if the QM is disabled (so it remains intuitive to use). It's setting is saved on a per save file basis (as with most SanchoOptions I do my best not to never fuck with your persistent file). The default when starting the VN or within either Gallery is QM ON mode (non-hover mode).

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Maintenance Update (Chapter 4)
Latest Core Update in preparation for Bare Witness finale

1683324011200.png 1683324234719.png
Go get you some.

Links in OP and FAQ are updated accordingly.

Changlelog (highlights, see FAQ Spoiler button in the OP for details):
  • Updated feature - Updated to latest mod Core v7b
  • Updated feature - SanchoGallery including new scene filters.
  • Updated feature - Updated SanchoCheats according to latest Core.
  • New feature - QM HoverMode. Additional QuickMenu customization found in SanchoOptions and can also be toggled with the appropriate HotKey "q". Described in detail in a post in the mod's thread here.
  • New feature - Added all the latest HotKeys. Alt+ArrowKeys for dialogue text size/opacity, Lower-case "g" for ChoiceGuide, Lower-case "m" for MiniStat, Lower-case "q" for QuickMenu, Lower-case "s" for medium SanchoStat, Lower-case "o" for SanchoOptions, Lower-case "c" for SanchoCheats. These work exactly as if you had clicked them in the MiniMenu or SanchoOptions, they just give you another way to do something faster or more conveniently. (Yes, I took the "s" key. Use shift+"s" or alt+"s" for screenshots).
  • New feature - HotKey toggled "S" key found in SanchoCheats. Toggle allows the HotKey to set to either the default "S" or the alternative "T".
  • New feature - Dedicated mod sound volume control found in Preferences.
  • New feature - CriticalPath Popup Screen (in-game only). During critical points in conditionals behind the scenes (in the dev's code) provides you a popup that allows you to change important story scenarios on a case-by-case basis. Only populates if the ChoiceGuide is enabled.
  • All the minor stuff you may or may not notice to make it even more polished.
Simply download and reinstall over existing mod installation, overwriting as requested if necessary.

If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters. Regards.

BrockLanders

Aug 8, 2020
I have over 20 run variations saved and still only have 88% of the content unlocked. I wonder what choices I have to make to see... is there a way to see unsprung triggers in the scripts or something?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I have over 20 run variations saved and still only have 88% of the content unlocked. I wonder what choices I have to make to see... is there a way to see unsprung triggers in the scripts or something?
If you're speaking of the Progress Bar then know that I code that based on the info that RenPy gives internally and is not always 100% accurate depending on how the developer of the VN codes the scripts... it's usually pretty dang close though.

Otherwise if you are referencing something else then please give me a bit more elaboration so you and I are on the same page. Regards.

Reactions: BrockLanders

skrusher

May 11, 2019
First of all, thank you very much for the amazing work you have been doing with your mods. I always use them.

I know you are very busy, but would it be possible for you to consider adding the HoverMode to the MiniStat? I think it would be very useful for those, like me, who don't like to have too much information on the screen at the same time.

Edit. Forget it. I just found out that I could hit S to see the stats. :FacePalm:

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
First of all, thank you very much for the amazing work you have been doing with your mods. I always use them.

I know you are very busy, but would it be possible for you to consider adding the HoverMode to the MiniStat? I think it would be very useful for those, like me, who don't like to have too much information on the screen at the same time.

Edit. Forget it. I just found out that I could hit S to see the stats. :FacePalm:
.... or "M" to toggle the MiniStat if you prefer it. It the latest mod releases I've choreographed the MiniStat to automatically show/high during gameplay as well so there's even more options.

Reactions: skrusher

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yo anyone know the ETA of Chap 5? and is 5 the final or is 6 ?
Soon and likely final (minus any maintenance updates for bugs/grammaticals) is Ch5. That's all I have as I haven't been working with the dev team internally on this update. All I did is catch wind that it was coming soon so I wanted to get ahead of it and update the mod to at least the most recent Core code (so it's faster for me to update the VN). This alone will save 1-2 days as I usually try to implement something special for VN endings... I just don't know what to do with this one yet (need more whiskey to debate it). Regards.

Reactions: nimbold

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Please help me. Is there any way for me to use your mod without crashing when I enter the game?
Sure, install as directed. To be very clear:

The proper installation process is two steps, and only these two (for PC in English):
  1. Install a fresh/unadulterated version of the VN (no hackery, no shenanigans, just the plain VN). You can do this in a new folder if you wish to retain your existing installation for whatever reason.
  2. Install the mod as directed in the OP (place all of the contents of the mod's zip inside the "/game" folder of the VN).
That's it, don't do anything else but start the VN. Try that and report back please.

Reactions: Ilhares
4.50 star(s) 8 Votes