VN Unity Abandoned Back to the Fairy Tale [v0.1.3] [OldBoneDeer]

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes

OldBoneDeer

Aug 13, 2018
header16.png

Overview:
This is the story of a guy who returned from the long war to his native village. Old friends, places... You have to do a lot of work to feel at home again.​

Thread Updated: 2019-02-12
Release Date: 2019-02-11
Developer: OldBoneDeer
Censored: No
Version: 0.1.3
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Dev Note:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - -
Linux: - -
Mac: - -
Android: - -

1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png 5.png 6.png

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
"Mistake here" ... :unsure: that intrigue me.. i need the game, just to test that LOL

Reactions: Guts5768

Elvishious

Afterglow Developer
Game Developer
Mar 9, 2018
(+) Game have Good Art and I think have good future! :)
(-) Game created in F***ing Unity! Why? :mad:
Ease of use, familiarity, and its a lot easier to fuck with variables on Ren'py.
That's inherently up to the gamedev's confort if he's more used to use an engine instead of another.
In the end, the player; YOU, shouldn't care about this stuff, exept if the game don't run on your pc due to physical limitation.

Reactions: madmax20

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
In the end, the player; YOU, shouldn't care about this stuff, exempt if the game don't run on your pc due to physical limitation.
What? People can and do care about what engines they play their games on, to say they shouldn't is the extremely dismissive. Its not something that's irrelevant to the player.

Baharomont

Aug 28, 2017
That's inherently up to the gamedev's confort if he's more used to use an engine instead of another.
In the end, the player; YOU, shouldn't care about this stuff, exept if the game don't run on your pc due to physical limitation.
Nope. You wrong. Engine it VERY matter! Say why not create Game in Java? Flash? RPGM?
In RenPy at least, i can skip text if game have a lot of this and if i want and i no need clik "Enter" a whole time!

Elvishious

Afterglow Developer
Game Developer
Mar 9, 2018
Nope. You wrong. Engine it VERY matter! Say why not create Game in Java? Flash? RPGM?
In RenPy at least, i can skip text if game have a lot of this and if i want and i no need clik "Enter" a whole time!
Why game are not made in Java?
Java in an interpreted language, meaning your computer have to "convert the code" before execution, resulting lags in game from time to time. That explain why devs modified Minecraft to use less Java code.
Why game are not made in Flash?
Flash will be deprecated soon enough, it's like asking why we are not making coal engine for cars anymore.
Why game are not made with RPGM?
Pretty sure RPGM is one of the most popular tag on this website after Ren'py. Moreover, Rpgm is a engine, not a language. People choose it when they want to make an RPG, because the engine is made exactly for this purpose.

"In RenPy at least, i can skip text if game have a lot of this and if i want and i no need clik "Enter" a whole time! "
Yeah that's totally up to the dev's skills. Ren'py allow you to use a fully featured dialogue system. If you made your own dialogue system on another engine, you can make that skip feature too if you know how to do it.
With unity, your only limitations are your coding skills and the time you take to make them.

You're hating on engines for the wrong reasons.

You should care only if your pc doesn't make it run or if the exe ask you to install other components (like java, rpx), but if you're justifying the fact that playing on a Unity .exe is unbearable only based on prejudice without any technical argument, allow me to tell you that you're biaised.

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes