JR81

Feb 28, 2017
So according to the Patreon, new version will be out today :happyblush

Aug 13, 2016
apparently its out, but only for $40 tier patron. according to the rewards section the $40 patreons play the game 2 days earlier. so we'll have to wait, unless there aren't any $40 tier among us.

Hercule_Poirot

Aug 22, 2016
Touché xD.
I also thought about that possibility, but I decided not to include it. All hail the hypnotoad....whoops.

Reactions: DragonL
Aug 13, 2016
am i the only one getting renpy error starts with "I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred. While running game code....", i guess i'm supposed to take her pyjama or something since it says "NameError: name 'PyjamaTaken' is not defined" in the error message. so i tried to start a new game and now it says "you probably downloaded a pirated version, go to my patreon and download the latest one " or something like that. anyone got the new link, if there actually is one?

3xpurt

Feb 25, 2017
Yeah starting a new game gives a piracy warning and doesn't allow progress past that point.

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
So here's the thing. This new versions is triggering some sort of piracy alert and we can't progress with a new game. I'm not sure if it's DRM or a simple line of code. Maybe he told his backers how to bypass it.

All you need to do for now to bypass it is use a save from v0.01 at the very beginning (naming the character) and load it up. Grab this file and use it, i'm not sure if it'll work fully but i'm testing it and it looks alright.

And yes, it's version 0.2, he's just a lazy bum and didn't change it.

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
This is the 'piracy' protection, just checks the system date to see if its 18th of April...

Code:
label PirateProtection:
    init:
        $ import time

$ year, month, day, hour, minute, second, dow, doy, dst = time.localtime()

if month == 4 and day == 18:
        jump Skuska
    else:
        jump PiratedVersion

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
This is the 'piracy' protection, just checks the system date to see if its 18th of April...

Code:
label PirateProtection:
    init:
        $ import time

$ year, month, day, hour, minute, second, dow, doy, dst = time.localtime()

if month == 4 and day == 18:
        jump Skuska
    else:
        jump PiratedVersion
Which file? Also that's so fucked up, he's asking Patreons to change his system date.

Reactions: DeathCancer388

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
To bypass change line 529 from:
Code:
        jump PirateProtection
to:
Code:
        jump Skuska
was gonna do something more unnecessary has to change to to any date after 2010 XD. That works ;O

3.90 star(s) 178 Votes