Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Babysitter: Interface, Preferences, and Autosave/Quicksave Mod [v0.0.6] [OhWee]

Sep 24, 2017
OK, the error you are seeing is related to the core game, not this mod. A couple of people have reported the error you are seeing in the .

As for the download size, that sounds a bit bigger than what I downloaded via the links here. Pepe Le Pew did do a slightly compressed version as well (to squeeze it in below 500 MB), but the file I grabbed was about 665 MB. While I haven't seen the error you mentioned, I haven't played the game from the beginning for 0.0.6, just from my last 0.0.5 save point.
This error happened after I took her panty before resting, then in the morning I went to her room. Btw, I haven't installed this mod yet, I played it from the start after I downloaded it.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Interesting update time!

A few people have been asking for better navigation options inside the main character's apartment, so I decided to take a crack at it.

I'm in the middle of testing the install now, and will share this in the next day or so. I also discovered a minor issue with the existing screens.rpy that I have for this mod, so I'd suggest waiting until the updated version is uploaded. In the meantime, here are the new nav buttons which are being added to the ingame interface for this mod.

- When you are in your room looking at the computer, you can now go to the bed/closet area.
BedroomClosetBedArrow.jpg

- When you are in the living room, you can now choose between going to the kitchen, entry hall, or guest room.

LivingRoomNavWip2.jpg

- When you are in the kitchen, you can now choose to go to either the Living Room or Entry Hall.

kitchennavwip1.jpg

- I added some new nav buttons to the Entry Hall, facing the entry door, as well.
EntryHallNewNav.jpg

- When exiting your room, you can now choose to go to the couch.
BedroomOutCouchHover.jpg

- Finally, when you are in the 'bed' section of the bedroom, well there is an actual closet to click on now...
BedroomClosetBG2.jpg

That's the summary of what's being added. As soon as I test the install a couple more times, I'll upload the new version (within the next day or so).

Time for a much needed break!

Last edited:

Ubik

Old man in a young body
Donor
Sep 8, 2016
This mod ain't working for me. Did everything as per instruction. Btw in Unren.bat option 4 doesn't extract rpa archives, option 1 does. Option 4 enables quick save and load. @OhWee help out this brother.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
This mod ain't working for me. Did everything as per instruction. Btw in Unren.bat option 4 doesn't extract rpa archives, option 1 does. Option 4 enables quick save and load. @OhWee help out this brother.
Hey, it's option 9 now with the new unren.bat 0.0.5. I just noticed the error as I was editing the readme for V6...

Also, some people pointed out that you don't NEED to extract the game files to use this mod. I like extracting them anyways so I can see the pretty pics afterwords...

I'd recommend waiting for a few minutes though because I'm in the middle of packaging the update to this mod....

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, UPDATE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's a new version of this mod. It fixes a minor error from V5, and more importantly changes the ingame navigation buttons inside the apartment, making it a little easier to get around. You can see pics showing the new navigation buttons :

I'll post the new version here for now, and assuming no issues will update the OP later today.

Installation instruction are much easier now. Simply drag the /game folder inside this .zip into your Babysitter 0.0.6 folder. This should place everything where it needs to be inside the /game folder.
(thanks to the person that informed me that you don't need to extract the game files to use the mod!!!)

And PLEASE Report any issues that you may find. A couple people have tested this and didn't have any issues, but let me know if you have any!!!

Enjoy!

Scofield

Oct 4, 2017
Hello , i had a little problem, i could note use my pc when she was in the bathroom and i was not able to continue the game , a touched somethings and "destroyed" my script file. Can someone please upload his ?

Thanks you and sorry for my bad english i'm french

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Hello , i had a little problem, i could note use my pc when she was in the bathroom and i was not able to continue the game , a touched somethings and "destroyed" my script file. Can someone please upload his ?

Thanks you and sorry for my bad english i'm french
This duplicates the post I made in reply to your inquiry in the Babysitter thread, but that's not a bad thing, as the fixed script is a nice thing to know about.

Here's the 0.0.6 script, with two errors that were causing problems fixed (as detailed in the Babysitter thread when I posted this). No other changes have been made to THIS script.rpy. Note that you'll still need the script2.rpy that is now bundled with this mod to continue using this mod, but if you didn't touch that, no worries. If you did, simply reinstall the one that comes with this mod.

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, I've updated this mod for Babysitter 0.0.7

New file attached. I needed to add some additional code to screens.rpy which was added in 0.0.7, and I also added two more save pages (so now you have 12 save pages, plus the autosave and the quicksave page).

As usual, drag the /game folder inside the .7z inside the Babysitter_0.0.7 folder, merging it with the existing game folder.

Assuming no issues, I'll update the OP in the next day or so.

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, this is an unplanned update for my Interface Mod. There was an error in one of the scenes, which would bypass the dialogue if you had a very specific combination of Variables, that T4boo was able to track down and provide for me. It doesn't change anything, so don't feel obligated to play again just for this one thing. Just a few lines of 'restored' dialogue is all.

While I was here, though, I introduced a few changes. I moved the character names in the dialogue over to the left, and also moved the character dropdowns over to the left side. I also changed the way that thought dialogue is displayed (based on a conversation with T4boo, JCJ, and Doug). I also introduced a few line breaks into the dialogue in a few spots, and fixed a small handful of typos.

Installation instructions:
1) If a fresh install of Babysitter, start the game once. You can quit after the menu comes up.
2) Drag the /game folder enclosed in the attached .7z into your Babysitter 0.0.7 folder.
3) Start up the game. If you get an error, simply start it up a second time and the error will resolve itself.

Then play. Enjoy!​

Looking for feedback on the changes, if anyone wants to take this for a quick spin.

AdjustedInterfaceEp7d.jpg

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
dos it work for game .1.1b?
A lot of this was incorporated into the game itself by the developer. As for this mod, it's abandoned. For future clarity, I went head and added an 'Abandoned' to the tags just now.

widzprast

Jun 21, 2017
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.
Help Me Guys.......Please....
I got an error like this.....

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'CheJesSpa'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "script.rpyc", line 30008, in script
File "E:\Game\Baru 5\Babysitter-0.1.2.-win\renpy\ast.py", line 1600, in execute
rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
File "E:\Game\Baru 5\Babysitter-0.1.2.-win\renpy\script.py", line 873, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'CheJesSpa'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.3.3347
Babysitter 0.1.2.
Thu May 24 00:45:22 2018

Reactions: sever