Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Babysitter:The Steamier Version Mod [v0.0.6] [OhWee]

carcav

Jul 1, 2017
sounds like a great idea, but i started on version .5 so i will wait for the update of that mod

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I was thinking we'd have a 'fixed' version of 0.0.5 by now, but it doesn't look like that's happening. I have a working version of Steamier, but I don't consider it as 'done' yet. I need to play through again to see if there's anything else I want to add to the 'steamy' path.

I can fix one of the 0.5 errors mentioned in the Babysitter thread easily enough, and maybe the other one (where it gets into the 'endless friend point loop'. Plus I need to add a few visual cues as to the 'steamy' route, then I can release an update to this mod.

Edit: So I tracked down the updated version. Someone really should say 0.0.5a or something on the download, to let people know that there's a new version of 0.0.5...

Anyways, I now have the fixed script, with the additional images, and am combining it with my 0.5 steamy script now. Then I need to test it...

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, V5 time!

Attached is the New and Improved Steamier mod for V5.

I've reworked a few of the scenes from Days 1 through 4, and have tweaked Day 5 a bit as well.

The dialogue has been spiced up a bit in a few more places as well.

I've also added a few dialogue hints to help you find the 'steamier stuff'. This was a compromise, in that I didn't want to 'hold your hand' through all of the dialogue choices, but still wanted to at least let you know when particularly hot content was impending, if your next choice was the right one...

This mod still assumes that you'll be maximizing Christine's horniness. Also, the hot tub scene, and post hot tub stuff has been reworked, so definitely spend some time with Jess afterwords...

Make sure to maximize Sonja's horniness as well. The last scene has been reworked a bit...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also note that Mr. Silver should get some too on Day 5... doing so won't end your game now.

Also, don't be afraid to peek at the Boutique, during both visits...

One final note. Use the webcams!!! Especially at the start of Day 5! I included hints in the readme as well.

NOT following the 'horniness' route will not result in very much additional content. Maybe in future versions, but it's the horny route that has my interest currently.

Let me know if you have any issues. I'll update the OP in a day or so with this new version, assuming no issues...

IMPORTANT: You MUST start with a new game for this mod.

Enjoy!

colemenkillu

Jun 17, 2017
Started new game got to day 5 tried to check out Christine traceback couldn't find any Day5_ChristineWokeUp files.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Started new game got to day 5 tried to check out Christine traceback couldn't find any Day5_ChristineWokeUp files.
Sounds like you have the old version of 0.0.5, not the new one.

This is the last version I downloaded. There's a newer post marked 'extended' in the Babysitter thread, it looks like it's the same size as the one from this post:

IMHO, people really should mark the 'new' versions as 0.0.5.a or something, so that it's clear the an updated version was released.

You should be able to do a 'Steamy mod' save, then install Steamy in the updated version and continue from there with all of the new pics in place. Or, you could just copy the images folder over from the updated install into your current install.

Reactions: Doc Wobbly

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
'Lil teaser while I slowly plug away at the Day 6 and Day 7 stuff...

I'll be adding a small handful of new images to the V6 mod, 'cuz steamier is better!

I'm not going to do a whole lot of this, but this will make it worth the wait I think...

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, it's Steamier Mod V6 beta time!

First off, a quick note. I ended up making a number of adjustments to the dialogue, and added a few things. I've tested this on a couple of fresh installs now, and it seems to be working as intended for me. NONETHELESS, if you have any issues, please report them here.

I included my updated interface mod just because. It really does make moving around the apartment a bit easier, plus autosaves and quicksaves are always nice to have available...

I added some new artwork for Christine in a couple of 'new/extended' scenes. Some of it isn't quite as 'seamless' as I'd like, but I did my best to integrate the new art into existing scenes. Specifically, the morning kitchen scene, but I won't spoil that for you. You'll know it when you see it.

Another note. The first time I start up a new Babysitter install with this mod, I see a traceback error screen, and the game closes. Simply click on the Babysitter.exe again, and the situation will have resolved itself. I have no idea what is causing the error, but I only see it the first time. On second and subsequent startups you won't ever see this error again (at least I haven't).

Most of the added 'steamy' content for V6/Days 5 -7 starts at the end of Day 5, and continues through Day 6. I didn't make any significant changes to Day 7, although you might want to do some snooping before you go to the cinema... I won't spoil it for ya!

I have included occasional 'suggestions' as part of the dialogue. Pay attention! I may do more of this in the next version, but for now hopefully it will be of some help. Remember, this mod is all about the 'Horny' path, so don't feel afraid to peek a bit more. Except on the Morning of Day 2 (don't force the issue r.e. waking her up, then leave when that option comes up. Also, later on, Abort means Abort!).

This is considered a beta for now, but here is the .7z with the new files. Simply drag the game folder inside of your Babysitter 0.0.6 folder, merging these files with the game folder that is already there.

Again report any issues that you may have!!!

Thanks,
OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Error every time I try to start with the mod installed,
Have you tried to restart the game immediately once you get this error? I'm seeing the same, but only on the first startup.

Once I start the game twice in succession, this error has went away for me and I don't see it again. Even on subsequent reboots I never see this error again. It's only that one time, immediately after installation, that I've seen this error.

I was waiting for some feedback before I attempted to correct this issue, although I'm at a loss as to what's going on.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
@ Ozygator, others:

OK, followup on that error. I recommend the following two options:

Install Option A.
1. Install Babysitter 0.0.6 if you haven't already. Or just go with your 0.0.6 install that you've played already.
2. Start up the Babysitter game once. You only need to go to the main menu screen after the opening movie.
3. Quit Babysitter.
4. Install this mod.
5. Start up Babysitter. Game will close, and you will get the traceback error.
6. Immediately start up Babysitter again. This time, the game will 'pick' the new script.rpy on this and subsequent starts.
Install Option B.
1. Install Babysitter 0.0.6 if you haven't already.
2. Start up the Babysitter game once. You will only need to go to the main menu screen after the opening movie.
3. Quit Babysitter
4. Use to extract babysitter. Pick option 9.
5. Start up Babysitter again. Again, you only need to get to the main menu screen.
6. Quit Babysitter.
7. (optional, recommended). Make backup copies of script.rpy and screens.rpy, both are in the /game folder.
8. Install this mod, merging the /game folder for this mod with the /game folder for Babysitter 0.0.6. Overwrite script.rpy and screens.rpy
9. Game will now start normally, with no error the first time you start up.
Hope this helps!

Ozygator

Donor
Oct 15, 2016
That worked, thanks OhWee. I played the game in a different location and had started it the first time once I copied it over to the mod folder. Once I did that all worked (so far at least) as it should.

Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
That worked, thanks OhWee. I played the game in a different location and had started it the first time once I copied it over to the mod folder. Once I did that all worked (so far at least) as it should.
Awesome!

Just noting that I've updated the OP with the new V6 version. No change from the V6 version I posted a few posts above, but it is no longer considered a 'beta' version. I only labeled it as a 'beta' in case any issues surfaced... and it appears to be working as planned.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Status of this mod for 0.0.7

I'm planning on an update for this mod for the new version of Babysitter (0.0.7), but it'll be a few days before it's ready.

In the meantime, the new version includes a game ending event involving Sonya. To avoid this, open the Console (shift+o) and type this. Note that console must be enabled in order to be able to use it, then hit esc when you are done.
SonyaFucked = 0

That's the only major event that relates to an event that I've embellished upon in my mod.

I'm debating a bit of a storyline deviation in this version. Up to this point it felt like all fun and games, but the tone of 0.0.7 felt a bit different to me. I like keeping things light, so I'll be pondering that for a bit before I tackle the mod update. Any thoughts you may have on this subject are appreciated.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I've started plugging away at Steamy v7.

So, minor fun fact...

Monica (the MC's sister) appears to be a 'stock' Victoria 7 model, and I managed to replicate the MC fairly decently as well...

I may have some fun with that... :eek:penedeyewink:

edit: Like this maybe?

Consider this your official Steamier Mod V7 teaser...

Carry on!

Last edited: