EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
PSYhuBD.jpg

Overview:
In face of human technological advancement during the Meiji Restoration, the youkai of Japan were forced to make a hard decision:
1) To remain as youkai and watch over the land. 2) To return to the netherworld. 3) To give up their power and status as youkai and live amongst humans. While there were some that chose otherwise, the majority of the youkai decided it was best to become human. It was tough, but as time passed these youkai were able to blend in with the human world and live peacefully amongst them. However, blood is thicker than water. The offspring of these youkai displayed the powerful abilities of their ancestors in times of great anxiety, often manifesting in horrible and dangerous ways, and were labeled by society as monsters. Officially their condition was named "Acquired Systemic Special Heredity variety Syndrome", or "ASSHS" for short and treated as a non-contagious illness, but the common people began to refer to them as Jinyous (half-youkai) nevertheless. Of these Jinyous, most were sent to Kamizawa City: an isolated urban area walled off from the rest of Japan to keep all the Jinyous together and away from the human population. However, the ones that were deemed especially dangerous were sent to a medical facility on an uncharted island near the shores of Japan where they would be under constant surveillance. Takabe Ryouichi was one of those who were sent to said island at the age of five. This is a story about him along with the girl called Suzu, his only friend on the island, escaping to Kamizawa city to live a normal life. What they didn’t expect was that Suzu carried a secret that attracted much unwanted attention…

Thread Update: 2018-12-19
Release Date: Japan 2005-06-05, English Patch 2014-04-01
Original Title: あやかしびと
Developer: Propeller
Publishers: Propeller
Translation:
Censored: Yes
Version: Final
Language: English
VNDB:
Length: Long (30 - 50 hours)
Voices: Japanese
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - - - -

Extras:

8782.jpg 8783.jpg 8784.jpg 8785.jpg 8786.jpg 8787.jpg 8788.jpg 8789.jpg 18829.jpg 43209.jpg

LoveHart

Game Developer
Jan 22, 2018
Direct links

Mega

Google Drive

Tyrantnyx

Mar 2, 2018
hmm, anyone know if it should work with locale emulator or not?
I don't know about Locale Emulator but I know it won't work with ntleas or appLocale. Seems to be one of those annoying games that absolutely require changing system locale.

Tsumirin

Jul 4, 2019
gg.PNG hhh.PNG

Okay after downloading 2.8 GB this is pretty annoying now. No matter how I place the batch file this problem is just coming. Is the game file okay? >.>

superelmo

Respected User
Oct 8, 2017
Okay after downloading 2.8 GB this is pretty annoying now. No matter how I place the batch file this problem is just coming. Is the game file okay? >.>
There's absolutely nothing wrong with the game file. You need to run the "Aya.bat" file first. Read the installation instructions in the OP for more info.

Tsumirin

Jul 4, 2019
There's absolutely nothing wrong with the game file. You need to run the "Aya.bat" file first. Read the installation instructions in the OP for more info.
I used that Aya.bat file but still the same result, even in the "Run as Admin" option or even running with locale emulator it is causing the same error. 213570_fufqzcv.jpg So I will I open this window in my PC to set the language, maybe the error is for the language pack or front, that I guessed, I don't even know much because I am a noob in programming, and I apologize for it too. But may you please explain how can I rid this problem out?

superelmo

Respected User
Oct 8, 2017
But may you please explain how can I rid this problem out?

The error you got is not for the language pack or the font. It's a registry error. That's what the "Aya.bat" file is for. Command Prompt will open after executing the "Aya.bat" file. It will ask you if you want to overwrite values, probably more than once. Type y and press Enter every time it asks. In the end you should see this message if everything's OK: Untitled.png

Tsumirin

Jul 4, 2019
The error you got is not for the language pack or the font. It's a registry error. That's what the "Aya.bat" file is for. Command Prompt will open after executing the "Aya.bat" file. It will ask you if you want to overwrite values, probably more than once. Type y and press Enter every time it asks. In the end you should see this message if everything's OK: View attachment 445077
S11.PNG S22.PNG

Okay, bro as you said I did. Then what is now? or Am I doing something wrong? :eek:

superelmo

Respected User
Oct 8, 2017
Then what is now? or Am I doing something wrong?
There's something wrong with the symbols here:
Untitled.png

You were probably right. It could be a Japanese locale related issue. Should be Japanese characters instead of the "symbols" circled in red in the picture. The game probably can't recognize the "symbols" in the registry and that's why the registry error is popping up for you.
Check this video and see if you've changed system locale to Japanese correctly - , or try Locale Emulator(not sure if Locale Emulator will work with adding the registry key though).
Then you'll probably have to run the "Aya.bat" file again and overwrite the "symbols" with Japanese characters. If you can see Japanese characters instead of "symbols" when overwriting the values, then you're on the right track.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tsumirin

Tsumirin

Jul 4, 2019
There's something wrong with the symbols here:
View attachment 445328

You were probably right. It could be a Japanese locale related issue. Should be Japanese characters instead of the "symbols" circled in red in the picture. The game probably can't recognize the "symbols" in the registry and that's why the registry error is popping up for you.
Check this video and see if you've changed system locale to Japanese correctly - , or try Locale Emulator(not sure if Locale Emulator will work with adding the registry key though).
Then you'll probably have to run the "Aya.bat" file again and overwrite the "symbols" with Japanese characters. If you can see Japanese characters instead of "symbols" when overwriting the values, then you're on the right track.
Yeah, the system locale change worked, Thank You. But there is one thing that is locale emulator won't work over cmd. First is no optional UI menu will be visible and if even running from the system and drag the aya.bat file, still the language does not support in cmd as long as the system locale is not set as Japanese.

Reactions: superelmo

Peacekeepr

Jan 25, 2023
+1 any review?
You can find some reviews but mostly they agree that

- It is very long, and each route is kinda unique.
- Structured weirdly, you'll not grasp some characters motivations until you finish another route, which while avoids the game from spoiling too much also forces reader to play through the whole thing and favors a replay. (Which for a game this long might never happen)
- "if you enjoy a good chuunibyou filled story, you'll enjoy this too" (with accordingly good or bad reviews with people either hating the writing or liking it depending on this ─ the complains are not on how solid the story is, but always on the execution i.e. storytelling; some said some characters are too cringe)
- FSN might still be better than this one
- H-scenes are good, but placed at the worst possible moment (sometimes randomly placed, game likely better without them)
- Despite all its flaws, those whom reviewed it ended up enjoying it.

To be honest I'll likely be skipping on this one; it's evidently a long game, and seems to require you to play through the whole of it to properly appreciate it. But if you have the time to invest and don't mind the potential cringe-ness with H-scenes placement and writing, it seems to be well regarded by those whom reviewed it.

Reactions: BangB420