Auto move bug in games made by VX Ace only when headphone is plugged in

zetsu__

Jan 21, 2019
My characters moves automatically to the left and top. And after searching through countless threads I finally realized it's my HyperX Cloud 2 Headset. Or specifically the dongle/adapter/sound card thing that comes with the headset. It connects both the mic and headphone to my PC so without it I can't use the mic so I have to keep it plugged in.
I tried :
  • Removing the dongle
  • Uninstall all unused devices including any drivers for HyperX
  • Attach the dongle to a different USB port and let it reinstall drives
  • Restart PC
None of these worked though and now I'm at a loss on where to go from here. I did try downloading bunch of demo for old and new rpgmaker games from DLsite for testing. And it seems like I don't have any issue with games made in RPG Maker MV. Only on VX Ace. It ran perfectly fine for years before this.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Are you sure you don't have any other controller or device plugged in that is causing it?

zetsu__

Jan 21, 2019
Are you sure you don't have any other controller or device plugged in that is causing it?
Yeah I removed all plugged in devices including keyboard, mouse, headphone and gamepad. Then streamed my pc to another pc over the internet and uninstalled every single hidden and unused devices from the device manager. After a restart I begun adding back mouse/kb without any issue. But plug in the headset and game instantly loses all control.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
But plug in the headset and game instantly loses all control.
If the headset is to blame then there isn't much you can do, just remember to unplug it before playing rpgm games.

If you want a solution to fix the headset itself then your best bet would be to check if HyperX released a software/firmware update to fix this issue, if not your only hope would be to contact their support directly.

zetsu__

Jan 21, 2019
I solved the issue by going back a week old system restore point. It's not a real solution. It might return again but I will mark this as solved.