• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Attempting to find the cause. blinking issue

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
Ive had an issue for months now, related to a weird blinking that has happened in several games. I completely reset my pc last night, and the issue seems to be gone. Perhaps a setting caused it? Or a broken program? Whatever it is id like to avoid it again.

Basically, in several RPGM games such as Renryuu ascension, and Zombies retreat the text would blink while text was doing that thing where it "scrolls" (dunno actual term) instead of instantly appearing. After text was finished, it would disapear. In cases where it didnt "scroll", the text just wouldnt show up. It wasnt consistent, sometimes it was fine, sometimes it was worse, however I never noticed a point in which it "scrolled" and worked. Making several unplayable. It wasnt just RPGM, nor all RPGM games. For example Lust Doll and The Last Soverign worked just fine. While Glassix a non RPGM maker game also had the issue.

Renpy however suffered some of the same issues, albeit a bit differently. When toggling full screen, the screen would react sorta as if the HDMI connection was bad. Like lines would blink all over the screen. Some games that were downloaded and started in full screen worked fine, until I toggled it on and off. In some cases I could toggle it on, restart the game and the game would start in full screen and work just fine.

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
lightning never strikes the same place twice. you fixed the problem, stop worrying
3145195-article-tips-to-reduce-stress-5a8c75818e1b6e0036533c47-922c3155e9c846eaa7447c75030b2c13.png

jose maria

Feb 24, 2018
I've the same problem. I experienced it exclusively with RPGM. I been trying to fix it for a while now, unseccessfully