Retired
GFX Designer
Respected User
Donor
Feb 1, 2017
f95-A.png

Download the Program
1. Download the latest version and fixes from
a. first download latest version (e.g: 2.1)
b. download bug fix for latest version (e.g: 2.1d)
c. extract latest version to your desired location (e.g: D:\Software\AssetsBundleExtractor_2.1_64bit/32bit depeding on your operating system) , replace the 64bit/32bit folder with the one from bug fix archive.​
Latest version Download:
2.2 stable b (32bit : or , 64bit : or )​
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Old version:
All in One thanks to @Pepé Le Pew
-
-
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Causes for which the program might crash:
- the game uses the new unity engine database, the program will tell you this upon opening the file you want to rip , in which case don't bother extracting the images.
- what may appear a random crash, but in fact is due to some file/s being corrupted or mislabel , in which case you need to extract the images in small parts to identify said files and avoid them.
- just a random crash depending on your system memory size, or faulty component. (very rare occurrence)
All credits for the program goes to its author, DerPopo at .​

f95z-g.gif

Last edited:

there

Nov 23, 2016
You can also "shift+left click" to select files from one end to another or "ctrl+left click" to select files individually.

Also are there image files saved anywhere else in the game "Harem Villa"?

Reactions: if95 and Krull

Krull

Retired
GFX Designer
Respected User
Donor
Feb 1, 2017
You can also "shift+left click" to select files from one end to another or "ctrl+left click" to select files individually.

Also are there image files saved anywhere else in the game "Harem Villa"?
resources.assets + resources.assets.resS should get you all the images , otherwise you can find images in pretty much every file you can open including level0 , but in this case they are same as the ones from resources.assets.resS.

Reactions: if95

tattooedillusions

May 11, 2017
Hey just a quick question. Once we have images extracted, let' say I want to replace some images with my own renders, is there a way to import the images back into the game at all or a certain folder structure to put them in like RPGM & Ren'py does or is it not possible at the moment?

Krull

Retired
GFX Designer
Respected User
Donor
Feb 1, 2017
I think is possible using the import tab , but don't know for sure since i didn't dabble with that.

tattooedillusions

May 11, 2017
Thanks for the reply Krull. After looking into it a bit further, I've found that after extracting the images you can replace an image by selecting the Texture2d file within the bundle extractor and when you click plugins again there's an extra option to "Edit" along with the tga/png options that we choose when extracting. So I was able to replace an image but it won't let me save over the original assets file. Everytime it comes up with the error "Cannot open the file for writing". Oh well worth a shot I guess.

Reactions: Krull

Lt. Aldo Raine

Sharing Is Caring
Donor
Former Staff
Mar 24, 2017
Unpacking games and familiarizing myself with its code to make mods and other silly changes have become an obsession of mine recently. Im still really unfamiliar with github and the unfamiliar source for those downloads in OP. If you could get me a more direct link, or even point me in the direction of one, I would really really appreciate it

Reactions: Zheus81

Krull

Retired
GFX Designer
Respected User
Donor
Feb 1, 2017
Unpacking games and familiarizing myself with its code to make mods and other silly changes have become an obsession of mine recently. Im still really unfamiliar with github and the unfamiliar source for those downloads in OP. If you could get me a more direct link, or even point me in the direction of one, I would really really appreciate it

Reactions: Lt. Aldo Raine

Lt. Aldo Raine

Sharing Is Caring
Donor
Former Staff
Mar 24, 2017
Thanks mate! I got the assets bundle extractor, not sure how to run the tool now Tried it the way the un-Ren tool works but nope. Says im missing AssetsTools.dll

there

Nov 23, 2016
Download the Program

1. Download the latest version
c. extract latest version to your desired location (e.g: D:\Software\AssetsBundleExtractor_2.1_64bit/32bit depeding on your operating system) , replace the 64bit/32bit folder with the one from bug fix archive.

Update:
make sure you download the new type package for Unity 5.6.0f3 : or
and replace the one in the main folder where AssetBundleExtractor.exe is located.

Ripping the images

A. Open the program > AssetBundleExtractor.exe
B. Open the files with the images > File > Open
C. The images usually are located in data folder of the game (e.g: D:\Games\Harem Villa 0.2\Harem Villa 0.2_Data > resources.assets which contains main files , but some images can be found in levelx files (where x= 0 , 1 , 2 etc.) from what i seen in something unlimited for example.

Once you have open resources.assets a new window will appear showing the files stored inside.
press on type tab to sort the list and look for texture2D files
2. select them all by dragging the mouse over (make sure you drag all the way to the left edge)
3. Once you have selected the files , on the right side of this new window click on the tab
Plugins
4. it will open a new window , there select
Export to .png and press OK
5. select a location where you want the images extracted (i recommend making a folder for each files you want to extract the images from and combine them at the end in one folder manually , because some images might have same name but not necessarily be the same image).
Depending on the number of images might take a while (don't panic if you see not responding , just let it work) , once it's done the Plugins window will close.

Images Help:

View attachment 4232 View attachment 4233 View attachment 4234
Say with games like big brother, how do you view images in such games.

Krull

Retired
GFX Designer
Respected User
Donor
Feb 1, 2017
Say with games like big brother, how do you view images in such games.
Big Brother has a different encryption for images , think there's a program posted on that game thread.

Reactions: there

there

Nov 23, 2016
Big Brother has a different encryption for images , think there's a program posted on that game thread.
That worked like a charm. Thank you so much may you have a great life.

ABH20

Jun 16, 2017
Thanks for the link and the tutorial. Went ahead and applied all updates and have thrown the complete thing on MEGA for anyone wanting one quick download.

Lt. Aldo Raine

Sharing Is Caring
Donor
Former Staff
Mar 24, 2017
:)
Download the Program

c. extract latest version to your desired location (e.g: D:\Software\AssetsBundleExtractor_2.1_64bit/32bit depeding on your operating system) , replace the 64bit/32bit folder with the one from bug fix archive.
Awesome tutorial mate! Only wish i had this when I was learning how to use it. Thanks on behalf of all our brethren.:)

there

Nov 23, 2016
Download the Program

Update:
make sure you download the new type package for Unity 5.6.0f3 : or
and replace the one in the main folder where AssetBundleExtractor.exe is located.

Ripping the images

A. Open the program > AssetBundleExtractor.exe
B. Open the files with the images > File > Open
C. The images usually are located in data folder of the game (e.g: D:\Games\Harem Villa 0.2\Harem Villa 0.2_Data > resources.assets which contains main files , but some images can be found in levelx files (where x= 0 , 1 , 2 etc.) from what i seen in something unlimited for example.

Once you have open resources.assets a new window will appear showing the files stored inside.
press on type tab to sort the list and look for texture2D files
2. select them all by dragging the mouse over (make sure you drag all the way to the left edge)
3. Once you have selected the files , on the right side of this new window click on the tab
Plugins
4. it will open a new window , there select
Export to .png and press OK
5. select a location where you want the images extracted (i recommend making a folder for each files you want to extract the images from and combine them at the end in one folder manually , because some images might have same name but not necessarily be the same image).
Depending on the number of images might take a while (don't panic if you see not responding , just let it work) , once it's done the Plugins window will close.

Images Help:

View attachment 4232 View attachment 4233 View attachment 4234
How to extract images from "Man of the house by Faerin"? During extraction it always says "no type database matches the player version". What is the problem?

Krull

Retired
GFX Designer
Respected User
Donor
Feb 1, 2017
How to extract images from "Man of the house by Faerin"? During extraction it always says "no type database matches the player version". What is the problem?
I think we need to wait for an update on the classdata package or try ask the guys in the game thread, maybe they figure it out.

Reactions: there

Max589

Jun 5, 2017
The problem is, they are using the 2017 Unity. The engine is 2017.1.0f3, The extractor only goes tio U5.6.Of3. in the new version, the images are stored in two files.

But, you can still extract most other files. I ended up using the older U5.1.1P3 not the last one.

When i am home, i will correct the numbers.

Edited the numbers..

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote