Mod Ren'Py Asking for (not so) little help [save/load issue maybe?]

Manfegor

May 20, 2017
Hello!

I would like to ask a bit help, I checked multiple sites and guides/descriptions, but clearly missed something as things don't really works, and really hope you guys can advise something. Please. :)

So I tried to make a mod for the game. It works... acceptable, it has some issues still, which I'll fix, but there is one, I don't know how and why it's happening and how to fix this. :(

So in the game almost every label (scene) has his own imagemap which contains the icons, the background, the time and day, etc. But some of the scenes contains more or less icons, etc, so I felt it like a big mess. In the mod I overwrite all these labels, and make 1 screen which will contains the background, the icons, etc. and this screen will be called every time.

While it's working, when you save and then reload or quit the game then start again and load, the navigation buttons don't work, but if you roll back once, then go forward, then the button will work again.

I'll add some of the saves which I work with, and the mod too.

There is some code:
The code for the unified screen:
Code:
screen mainIcons(gameTime, groundImg, hoverImg, hs, place):
    imagemap:
        ground groundImg
        hover hoverImg
        for item in hs:
            hotspot (item[0], item[1], item[2], item[3]) clicked Return(item[4]) hovered [ Play ("test_one", "sfx/click.mp3")]

screen button  
        vbox xalign 0.002 yalign 0.003:
            imagebutton:
                idle "cheatMod/images/ql_ico.webp"
                hover "cheatMod/images/ql_ico_hover.webp"
                action ui.callsinnewcontext("charStat", place)
                hovered Play("test_one", "sfx/click.mp3")
The code for the label which will be loaded at save 6-1 and 6-5
Code:
label Poder_modded:
    $ hs.append([1717, 503, 135, 129, "CiudadEM"])
    $ hs.append([490, 440, 174, 246, "Templo"])
    $ hs.append([1634, 78, 182, 256, "Gremio"])
    $ hs.append([861, 892, 124, 127, "CementerioM"])
    call screen mainIcons(lahora, "Mapa poder.jpg", "Mapa poder_hover.jpg", hs, "city")
    $ result =_return
    $ hs[:] = []

if result == "Volver":
        jump CuartoNoche
    if result == "Templo":
        if OliDesesperada ==2:
            scene bg Mapa Poder with dissolve
            pov "No debo perder mi tiempo."
            hide bg Mapa Poder
            jump Poder
        jump Templo
    if result == "Gremio":
        jump GremioSD
    if result == "CiudadEM":
        jump Mundo
    if result == "CementerioM":
        jump CementerioM
Now what I could figure out is that, every time the game loads (example in save 6-5), the loading starts with the call screen mainIcons(...) action (which is in every label), but in this case the $ hs.append lines are missed, so the mainIcons screen will get an empty hs variable, so it's not a surprise the buttons won't work.

But in save 6-1 for some reason, the loading starts from the beginning of the label Poder_modded, so in that case the hs won't be empty and the buttons will work.

But I absolutely can't figure out what can cause this. Why the other times the loading starts at the call screen action? Can you help me with some suggestion what can I do to fix this? Please if you can help me with anything, I would apprechiate it.

Thank you very much in advance.

Cheers.

TearStar

Developer of Lesbian/Futa Games
Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
Have you tried starting a new game where the game works as intended and then save/load game issues remains?
Like: Your mod is called in label start ?
How it looks like for me is you save games might not be on the same version of your mod. Something like this happened to me once. Starting a new game and rolling through to this point might work. Try saving at that point restarting the game and try again.

It looks like a basic save game error to me.