Mod Ren'Py Apartment #69 - Lain's Walkthrough & Improvements Mod [v0.05] [Maim Lain]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Apartment #69 - Walkthrough & Improvements Mod

Updated: 2021-08-16
Game/Creator: /
Modder:
Game Version: 0.05

Features:
  • This mod adds an in-game walkthrough for every character and event in the game Apartment #69! The walkthrough menu contains dynamic guides that let you track your progress for each character and see the requirements needed to trigger their scenes and advance their story.

• A scene replay gallery containing every scene in the game has also been added to the main menu. The mod menu contains an optional cheat to unlock all of the scenes in the gallery as well.

• I've also made a few other improvements to the game such as:
    • Improving the dialogue UI and font
    • Adding punctuation and periods to all the dialogue lines that are missing them
    • Dialogue from the main character is no longer colored green
    • Jamie's name now shows as Mom
    • An option to use the classic map screen
    • An option to change the main character's last name
    • You can optionally enable a dialogue textbox to be shown
    • When starting a new game the mod will automatically set the characters to their canon age

Installation:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DOWNLOAD: - -

Unofficial update

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg
nea & millie = <3

Last edited by a moderator:

Renetta

Jan 30, 2018
Adding that ugly box around text that blocks out picture can't possibly be considered an improvement

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
@Maim Lain
Just to let you know, I started playing v0.01.1 with your mod and the textbox isn't working now.

Thanks for the mod!

Voilsh

Apr 30, 2017
Good idea, I dunno why would anyone select a green text...
Is there anyway to have a more transparent overlay version though (like 90% transparent)? Or even better, since I wanna try it to see if it's readable, a completely transparent overlay with white text instead of green?

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Good idea, I dunno why would anyone select a green text...
Is there anyway to have a more transparent overlay version though (like 90% transparent)? Or even better, since I wanna try it to see if it's readable, a completely transparent overlay with white text instead of green?
I guess I could put different textboxes in the mod. I'll upload it in ~10 min.

@Voilsh Updated the mod.

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
The textbox doesn't show for you? If it doesn't then you probably didn't put the patch in the right place because all that happens is that the 'textbox.png' image in the 'game/gui/' folder gets replaced. You can try replacing it manually.
My bad. I thought I was using yours, but it was the one posted in the game thread. Please disregard. :oops:

FYI, you can upload small files (<10MB) directly to the server so you don't have to upload to a file host.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
My bad. I thought I was using yours, but it was the one posted in the game thread. Please disregard. :oops:

FYI, you can upload small files (<10MB) directly to the server so you don't have to upload to a file host.
No problem. And from experience I've found that there's a few people that will always complain if there is no Mega download link and refuse or just are incapable of downloading anything from a different file host, even if it's F95. So I just do it by habit so I don't have to deal with them.

LP83

Engaged Member
Oct 13, 2016
For now I'm fine with the green text and stuff.
i'm here for the incest and loli patch :heartcoveredeyes:

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
@Maim Lain Are you going to add the Nea content you made to this mod or ...?
I would really like to see it.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
@Maim Lain Are you going to add the Nea content you made to this mod or ...?
I would really like to see it.
Writing the story I had planned with the quality I think it deserves is something that I wouldn't want to rush or do halfheartedly. The only time I would have to work on the new story/mod though is in my free time, which would mean it would take forever for me to finish.

So unless the developer wants to hire me as a writer or something, I wouldn't count on ever being able to play it or me finishing it, sorry. :/

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
awww Honestly I'm a little gutted about that but I understand still it's a shame though the images you posted look interesting, guess I'll have to wait on the developer for some Nea content.

Reactions: Maid Lain

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
Incest & loli patch - Changes characters relationships to how they used to be. Adds Evelyn and Millie content.

Reactions: GrimRein
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote