Ren'Py Any Tutorial for Ren'Py ?

loiveyoaeu

Jul 10, 2017
Hi, i've decided to create a game, i almost learned a lot about drawing, but still know nothing about ren'py.Also, i still don't know, maybe i should learn unity, but people say it is too difficult to learn.I spent 3-4 hours a day and 1 month for learning Daz Studio and downloading.Still working.Will i spend more time on learning ren'py or unity ?
Which one do you recommend ?
I am looking for tutorial videos on youtube but there are few of them.Should i learn Phyton instead ? Or are there any video or similar tutorials on internet ?

Nerra

Apr 13, 2018

Wasn't that hard to find Ren'py tutorials.

PixelRepublic

I ■ Pixels
Donor
Jun 4, 2017
Those docs are out of date. As it states at the top of the page.

Hi, i've decided to create a game, i almost learned a lot about drawing, but still know nothing about ren'py.Also, i still don't know, maybe i should learn unity, but people say it is too difficult to learn.I spent 3-4 hours a day and 1 month for learning Daz Studio and downloading.Still working.Will i spend more time on learning ren'py or unity ?
I am looking for tutorial videos on youtube but there are few of them.Should i learn Phyton instead ? Or are there any video or similar tutorials on internet ?
The complete docs are here:

They'll teach you everything you need to know.

Reactions: seyfer110

kiteares

Nov 15, 2017
Loads of info on their site -
When you download the developer version there is enough included to walk you through a basic novel.
Also google is your friend.

D

Dr PinkCake

First ask yourself what type of game you want to make. For visual novels Ren'Py is the way to go. Unity is much more advanced. The programming language in Ren'Py is fairly simple to learn. Something I like is the "monkey see monkey do" principle. Play Ren'Py games, decompile them and look at the scripts to learn how to do certain things. Implement said functionality in your game, tweak it and make it your own. You'll learn heaps doing it this way. Good luck to you!

loiveyoaeu

Jul 10, 2017
thank you all for interest.I watched some of these youtube videos, but he makes simple codes.I want to add inventory items and skills for my protogonist.I will look to ren'py site.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
The complete docs are here:
For information, the same doc is also on your computer at : path/to/renpy SDK/doc/
Can be useful when you're writing some code while you download a big file, then need to refer to the doc.

Andurin

Apr 28, 2017
thank you all for interest.I watched some of these youtube videos, but he makes simple codes.I want to add inventory items and skills for my protogonist.I will look to ren'py site.
Rome wasnt build in a day mate.

Make a small novel at first. Then "grow".

If you want an easy frame work to make a combat game in, do rpgmaker.

Note: Rpgm is not the most liked type of game on this site.