VN Ren'Py Another World [Development Thread]

The Absent

Game Developer
May 7, 2022
aw_banner.png

Overview:
Welcome to Another World development thread, hope you guys find it interesting.
Another World is a simple sandbox game where you explore exciting stories in a fantasy world.
After death, the protagonist met a strange creature who promised to let him be reincarnated into another world.
And that was the beginning of everything.​

Thread Updated: 2023-10-13
Developer: The Absent - - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.10.0
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Developer Notes:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux:
Mac:

scr1.png scr2.png scr3.png scr4.png scr5.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Leylight

The Absent

Game Developer
May 7, 2022
Dev log 8/2/23
  • Modifying the plot a bit, the world will no longer be a fantasy world but a modern world with the appearance of magic. Although it doesn't affect much, it will make it easier for me to find the background.
  • Changed the HUD of the game a bit because the old one took up a lot of space and was not beautiful.
  • Currently, I'm focusing on reducing unnecessary conversations, rewriting conversations to be more appropriate. It was originally 20k words, now only 12k words and still not done.
  • Added some sex scenes to test and it works pretty well, maybe I'll use another method in the future like using screen instead of menu choice.

Last edited:

The Absent

Game Developer
May 7, 2022
Dev log 8/8/23
  • From 12k words down to 4k words, although this reduction is not very good, but I think that instead of letting the characters talk in long conversations, it's much better to keep it short. What do you think about this thing? Should I prolong the conversation or just focus on the main idea?
  • Adding to the cooking system along with some cooking ingredients, currently you can cook 9 dishes and the dishes still have no special effects except for increasing stamina. Recipes can be found at the library or by talking to Hitomi.
  • Changes to the monetization system: previously the system would give you an infinite number of dishes to sell and you could only sell once per day. Now you can sell as many times as you want, but the food won't be limitless anymore and you have to cook it yourself. As for how this system works, I have made a small guide below.

1691443600113.png 1691443615679.png

Last edited:

The Absent

Game Developer
May 7, 2022
Hi, just wanted to let you know that version 0.8 is complete. The next dev logs will be for 0.9 version.

About my intentions for the 0.9 update:
  • Turn base combat System, this is quite difficult so I'm not sure if it will be done in 0.9, maybe it will extend to 0.10
  • Sex scene interaction
  • Add about 2k to 4k words to the plot, extending it to the 2nd month in game
  • Some other things like global effect, items, characters

Last edited:

The Absent

Game Developer
May 7, 2022
Dev log 8/21/23
  • Add SFX
  • Add Global Effect
  • Optimize screen and system
  • Add new characters (From left to right are Emiko, MC, Succubus 2)

Last edited:

The Absent

Game Developer
May 7, 2022
Dev log 8/30/23
  • Add turn-based combat system
  • Add rabbit and slime mobs. From now on you can hunt them in the forest
  • Add normal and strong attack skills for MC
That's all for now, in the future I will add more skills and mobs. Now that I'm going to focus on the story a little, I thought I'd add a place where you can take on hunting quests to earn money. It is expected that 0.9 will be completed in 2 to 3 weeks.
View attachment Another World 2023-08-30 23-06-24.mp4

The Absent

Game Developer
May 7, 2022
Dev log 9/12/23
Version 0.9 is almost finished, there are only a few plot and items left that need to be edited.
  • Now you can register as an adventurer in the guild to do quests
  • Currently there are only 3 quests: get 10 rabbit feet, get 10 slime balls or find 10 herbs, each quest will give 500 coins
  • One more H scene with succubus 2, maybe I'll try to make a screen to interact with this scene

The Absent

Game Developer
May 7, 2022
Version 0.9 is done, my plans for 0.10 are:
  • Focus on the main story to complete the first 3 months and expand Hitomi's story
  • Add stats and character levels
  • Expand skills, mobs, items and more
It will probably be finished in about 2 months.

The Absent

Game Developer
May 7, 2022
Sorry for not updating for a long time, 0.10 is almost finished and I decided to post it on the game thread. Although there is still quite a bit of content, at least it has 2 endings. Hope everyone will like it.