VN Animations for Genesis 8 vs 9

GasparGames

Mar 11, 2024
I'm new to Daz and trying to decide if I want to invest into G8, G8.1 or G9. I see a lot of nice assets for all of them but the one area where they are very different seems to be animations. I can't find a lot of good G9 animations especially for sex scenes. I want to have a lot of animations in my VN. Should I use G8, 8.1, or 9? I have an i9 and a 4090 so I think rending G9 is no problem.

OneHander3d

Mar 28, 2024
You should use gen 8. Gen 9 is slowly getting more stuff but its library isn't quite there yet, imo, it will be a few years at the rate they're going before gen 9 will have enough stuff to be worth the change. This is doubly so for animation. They're just isn't a huge backlog of pre-canned animations in general but most of them gen 8.

GasparGames

Mar 11, 2024
You should use gen 8. Gen 9 is slowly getting more stuff but its library isn't quite there yet, imo, it will be a few years at the rate they're going before gen 9 will have enough stuff to be worth the change. This is doubly so for animation. They're just isn't a huge backlog of pre-canned animations in general but most of them gen 8.
Thank you for confirming my suspicions. I appreciate the reply. I'll go with G8.