Animation speed

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
How do i speed up lets say a blowjob animation avi? Can i do it in RenPY or is it rather done in the application that creates the avi from my image series?
My animations are mostly 30fps

D

Dr PinkCake

I use AnyVideo converter. You can set the FPS in it when converting your AVI. Also, when rendering your animation you can cut the time in half if the bj is the same going back to the original position. Just render single frames, copy said frames and reorder them backwards. Put them together with ffmpg and voila, you just saved 50% of your animation rendering time.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Generally, you shouldn't try to get Ren'py to play videos at other than the native frame rate. There are still some parameters for frame rate, dating back to when Ren'py's video support was poorer, but their use isn't recommended. So you're better off adjusting your AVI.

If you're building your video from an image series, then you'll typically do it in that process. You could double the speed of the video by only using every other image and leaving the video at 30fps (which would double the apparent speed of the video) or by using a frame rate other than 30fps. (Halving the number of images and going to 20fps, for example, will speed up the apparent motion by 33%)

30fps looks great, by the way, but you can frequently get by with less than that if that's straining your rendering capability.

f95zoneuser463

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2017
Possibly a way to do it without a video:
Script a where you have manual control over when the next image will be drawn via the return-line.

I just have doubts about a good performance with this method if the animation is full 720p/1080p or something.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Possibly a way to do it without a video:
Script a where you have manual control over when the next image will be drawn via the return-line.

I just have doubts about a good performance with this method if the animation is full 720p/1080p or something.
You absolutely can create a dynamic image like that. You can also create one by using the image statement and some ATL:
Code:
image eileen animated:
   "eileen_happy.png"
   pause 1.0
   "eileen_vhappy.png"
   pause 1.0
   repeat
which would allow you to alter the amount of pause between frames. Either approach is kind of brutal to code, however, if you have a lot of frames. In addition, a series of JPG frames usually occupies significantly more disk space than the corresponding video, because the video compression takes advantage of the parts of the sequence that don't change frame to frame.

By the way, AVI is not necessarily the best format to use for Ren'py. (Depends on how you build it, of course.)

says:

Ren'Py is capable of using libav (included) to play movies using the video codecs:
  • VP9
  • VP8
  • Theora
  • MPEG 4 part 2 (including Xvid and DivX)
  • MPEG 2
  • MPEG 1
and the following audio codecs:
  • OPUS
  • Vorbis
  • MP3
  • MP2
  • PCM
inside the following container formats:
  • WebM
  • Matroska
  • Ogg
  • Avi
  • Various kinds of MPEG stream.
(Note that using some of these formats may require patent licenses. When in doubt, and especially for commercial games, we recommend using VP9, VP8, or Theora, Opus or Vorbis, and WebM, Matroska, or Ogg.)
For maximum portability, VP8/9+Vorbis+WebM works really well. ffmpeg is capable of turning an image sequence into this format without any problem, and allows you to tune the bitrate at which the video and audio are encoded so that you can trade off quality vs size.

commander500

Jan 31, 2018
I’m also working on body fluids for animation but I’m stuck on the gravity part since there’s no direction

commander500

Jan 31, 2018
Runs always but seriously this shit is hard to make how do people manage to do it Iv got 2 adults on a table doing side doggy and I can’t even get the fluid to shoot out >_>