• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

HTML Android 11 wont let me play HTML files

MonsterV

Jun 23, 2019
So i wanted to play some html games on my phone but i couldnt, chrome wont properly play the html file no images or videos, instead of displaying the proper path ot should have like file://localhost/sdcard/Download/Incubus City v1.8.2/Incubus City v1.8.2.html it shows as content://0@media/external/file/50482
after researching i found out android 11 introducing some security features that may have messed with how html works so things like looking for chromes download paths wont work on android 11 as it doesnt allow you to accesss those directories
any solutions

Reactions: Chris76

azada83

Nov 8, 2018
Joiplay isnt working for me for html games using android 11. Anyone found a fix or workaround? Ive looked everywhere and it seems android 11 just wont display images or videos.

armonvargett

Dec 22, 2018
To make html games work in Chrome, copy your game folder to the Download folder under the Chrome install folder. For instance, mine is:

/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.android.chrome/files/Download/

I had to use Total Commander to be able to see the location. Then paste that same chain in your browser, like this:

file:///storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.android.chrome/files/Download/

You should see the folder in there so you can click through to the base html file, and you have to open it in Chrome, NOT in Total Commander or whatever file explorer you're using. And yes, it has to have 3 slashes at the beginning.