3.50 star(s) 186 Votes

joelurmel

Nov 3, 2022
I am having a problem starting it. When I open it it freezes while loading and exits. any advice?

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 492, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "renpy/script.py", line 283, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "renpy/script.py", line 723, in load_appropriate_file
rpydigest = hashlib.md5(f.read().encode("utf-8")).digest()
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Amnesia version_0.98a
Sat Apr 27 15:28:27 2024
The problem is in your side...
Check the disk and permissions from the directory.

Klemz

Feb 20, 2022
Well, i wont say that this update is really good, but if we compare that to what we got from the last couple of updates and understand he did that in 2 months, i feel like its not THAT bad, i hope it will get better and better.
(tho it's not ok we still don't have any sex scene with a main character in 4 years, thats super lame)

diolo

Jan 19, 2021
5 years since the start of development

to the question

Overview:
A man wakes up from a coma with amnesia. Can he recover his memories and reconnect with his loved ones?​
one can probably answer ... yes ... purely platonic of course

and hopefully the question of whether he would have stayed in a coma is allowed ;)

joelurmel

Nov 3, 2022
If you can't live without the bonus scenes from the Extra version, here it is :cool:

You have all from the 0.97b Extra and you just have to extract to ...\Amnesia-version_0.98a-pc an overwrite old files

Unlock is not provided, you have to play the game...

Gari Fuze

Feb 19, 2020
I just finished playing last 2 updates (6-8 months?), it took about 3 or 4 minutes, half of the time to remember how to play this game. It is sad because the game is genuinely good, it has good art, good pacing, good writing and good scenes.

It is just the quantity of work output by the author is tiny.

Pravsha

Dec 23, 2020
I just finished playing last 2 updates (6-8 months?), it took about 3 or 4 minutes, half of the time to remember how to play this game. It is sad because the game is genuinely good, it has good art, good pacing, good writing and good scenes.

It is just the quantity of work output by the author is tiny.
At the moment, the game has about 10,000 pictures and 1,000 animations. It is wrong to say that the amount of work is small. On the other hand, with a more reasonable approach, it was possible to make 5,000 pictures and get the same result that is in the game now.

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
but you sure is the extra version?? on the phone i had only the first replay that start with Grace...and if i hoover the mouse on the second windows locked it say only available to extra version.....

L_M94

Jan 30, 2020
Damn. Some repeatable scenes once played there's no way of seeing them twice. Not even in the gallery. Some of them were hot as fuck & need to be reseen. Any chance the repeatable scenes to be added in the gallery or at least increase the chances of retriggering them?!

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
why it says in op extra when there is no bonus scene? not the previous one nor the one mentioned in changelog for this version?

joelurmel

Nov 3, 2022
but you sure is the extra version?? on the phone i had only the first replay that start with Grace...and if i hoover the mouse on the second windows locked it say only available to extra version.....
I've never said it's the 0.98 Extra version, but my mod restores the extra content from the 0.97 Extra

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
why it says in op extra when there is no bonus scene? not the previous one nor the one mentioned in changelog for this version?
Do you see extra in the file name? This isn't the extra version; the changelog always lists what is the extra version on top of the normal changelog.

Extra version is one scene with no animation.

3.50 star(s) 186 Votes