Ren'Py Abandoned Amazon's Island [v0.03] [Firenzo]

2.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Ohman, those who love a good setup and story gonna... loath this with passion :D I mean.. we survive a clanprash. A young boy and mom. Got ourselves to an island where amazons live. Mom is given a choice.. you can join or leave.. his son, us, leaves in a week or die. There are no means of leaving you know and we are a young boy. Mom challenges the queen so she could spare our lives if she becomes the new queen. Sound reasonable.. sure.. but whats next? Next is that mom wins, we can stay... but the idea of waiting for a rescue team doesn't even surface, mom stays queen, we grow up as an outcast and momy dearest tolerates us just barely more than the rest of these so called amazons. Cuz she is the Queen and stuff and this is expected of her and god forbids to break the sacred traditions of manhating :) So we play he-man, with a yellow hair (not blonde, yellow) thats an import from a female model on an island where everyone loaths us, mom included. The dialogues? An example.."Hello, can i get it?" "No you can't, you need 50 social points". Yes, so forget narrative, all the characters are the narrators on game mechanics :D

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Let me put this game this way: The first 30 days are nothing more but pure clickfest. You have to do chores but its all about clicks, everything is static, you simply wanna get over it and each day is 51 clicks that you can't just spam because you have to aim so there is a pause between each clicks betwen (0.5-1.5 second, an average of 1 second)
So what you have here is... an 51*30=1530 (+- 50 that comes from intro) click long minigame thats is completely and absolutely repetitive and monotonous (you keep doing the same thing over and over again).

Right now i'm pretty damn convinced that the Dev himself never tried to play this and doesn't have the slightest idea what this 1530 click with a 1 second pause between each and every click means.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
After 30 days of pure hell, you can actually start the game, you get this:
Amazing amazons..jpg Amazing Amazons2.jpg

Reactions: ponyguy

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
Let me put this game this way: The first 30 days are nothing more but pure clickfest. You have to do chores but its all about clicks, everything is static, you simply wanna get over it and each day is 51 clicks that you can't just spam because you have to aim so there is a pause between each clicks betwen (0.5-1.5 second, an average of 1 second)
So what you have here is... an 51*30=1530 (+- 50 that comes from intro) click long minigame thats is completely and absolutely repetitive and monotonous (you keep doing the same thing over and over again).

Right now i'm pretty damn convinced that the Dev himself never tried to play this and doesn't have the slightest idea what this 1530 click with a 1 second pause between each and every click means.
When you realize he's really into Second Happiness, it all makes so much sense.

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017

You need an automated clicker

shinonen

Dec 13, 2016
I'm assuming Amazon's Island would be full of automated shops where you just walk out and they bill your credit card, and you can pick up your deliveries in lockers everywhere, and Jeff Bezos would rule as Prime with an iron fist that he received with two day free shipping.

Agent HK47

Mar 3, 2018
While I am not exactly a fan of Honey Select as a source of visuals, I have played several games I enjoy, which uses it, and the premise of the game sounded promising enough. After all, "Sole man on an island with beautiful women", how does one fuck up with such a simple concept, right?

Well, right out of the gate there are some major issues. First off, during the intro scene, during the scene where the amazons confronts the MC and mother, the MC is the size of a freaking cat, compared to them, and the mother is the size of a teenage girl at most. I actually thought the amazons were 10 ft tall or something, until the next scene corrected their comparative sizes to each other.

The MC himself has some very (VERY) bright yellow hair, which doesnt mesh with the rest of his model at all, which makes me think I am playing with a Ken doll, who has stolen Barbies' wig.
On another note, the interface needs an overhaul. Seriously, I have no words for how much the ability to not click on the center on a location pissed me off during this playthrough. I thought I had an error in my game, or some serious lag, since I could see the outline glowing briefly on several occasions, before I realized that you need to click ON the outline itself, instead of the big icon in the middle. So, you have a very small area to click, which doesnt feel intuitive at all.

And, of course, the major issue, is the minigames and the 30 days of "Fuck-You-I-Have-Zero-Interest-In-Making-Fun-Gameplay-So-Go-Ahead-And-Punch-Yourself-In-The-Face-After-This-Shit-Of-A-Hassle" grind. When I first read the description saying that the game was very grindy, I didnt think too much of it. After all, I don't mind working for my reward, that is part of the fun. Of course the "During the first 30 days, you can only work and sleep" seemed a bit odd, but I figured I would still be allowed to interact with other characters during this time, and that the game simply tried to tell me that I would be spending a lot of my early days building up stats and favor points, which I am used to from other games.

NOPE! The description is to be taken litterally! You go to work, which is basically just one of the worst and most boring minigames I can recall ever playing, and then you see a girl stripping if you do well, which is impossible to not do, since the minigame is a cakewalk, unless you are color-blind, and then you go home, take a nap and then do the exact same thing over and over again, for 1 hour straight, until the game actally begins.
The girl stripping at least gives the player SOME form of excitement, I guess, but it doesnt make any sense. Why is there a girl stripping and masturbating while I am working? If she is there, then shouldnt she be working as well, instead of just playing around? If she isnt supposed to be there, I would assume she is there because she likes watching the MC and his bulging muscles work, but that doesnt make any sense either, since we are told repeatedly how much the women despise him.

If you somehow manage to complete the 30 days, you are then summoned to the nurse, who asks you to start fucking some babies into some of the amazons, because they suddenly figured they need to further their heritage somehow. How the hell they did it before the MC, I dont know, and if they knew they would be using him for this, then why the hell werent they showing him a tad more appreciation, so that he wouldnt tell them to go fuck themselves when they asked him for it?

The entire game seems half-assed and very uninspired. Like a homework assignment you wrote during breakfast, because you spent the last week playing computer all day and forgot all about it. I will be wishing the dev luck and hope he will manage to improve his game, but I can safely say that I will not be playing it again.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
You need an automated clicker
Wouldn't help one bit because its not just hitting a button, you have to move the mouse around the screen all the time. So no, you have to get through that 1500 clicks.

And guess what? When its done.. you realize that the whole game is about doing this "minigame" all over again a hundred times more. I'm serious. Right now the game is built up like this: You have to increas the desposition of girls toward you. There are like 10 of them and 10 level of disposition (I'm not punctual but more or less so) Each level of disposition increas costs you 40 xp. You know how much you earned with that 1500 click?

50xp. You get 50 xp for that bullshit 1500 clicks.. and you will need AT LEAST 10x10x40.
Youg got 50 for 1500 clicks. Please do imagine. Of course i see that you probably will able to increase the effectiveness but i haven't counted if the cost of dispositon increase might increase as well. Fun game fun game. I'd do cookieclicker for a year instead.

Icing on the cake is: The hottest one, the albino amazon i find the hottest? Isn't in the fucking game... its just eyecandy during those mindkiller minis

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
Wouldn't help one bit because its not just hitting a button, you have to move the mouse around the screen all the time. So no, you have to get through that 1500 clicks.

And guess what? When its done.. you realize that the whole game is about doing this "minigame" all over again a hundred times more. I'm serious. Right now the game is built up like this: You have to increas the desposition of girls toward you. There are like 10 of them and 10 level of disposition (I'm not punctual but more or less so) Each level of disposition increas costs you 40 xp. You know how much you earned with that 1500 click?

50xp. You get 50 xp for that bullshit 1500 clicks.. and you will need AT LEAST 10x10x40.
Youg got 50 for 1500 clicks. Please do imagine. Of course i see that you probably will able to increase the effectiveness but i haven't counted if the cost of dispositon increase might increase as well. Fun game fun game. I'd do cookieclicker for a year instead.

Icing on the cake is: The hottest one, the albino amazon i find the hottest? Isn't in the fucking game... its just eyecandy during those mindkiller minis
It's too bad that you can't just press ctrl button or space bar from your keyboard to make it skip all that

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
You cant. Its all just a big freaking cookieclicker with ridiculous lines for plot (actually there are very little talk) and honeyselect animation after that images i posted. But that animation... you know what you watch for 20 second? That our He-man licks out a girl, you can't see anything because her legs and our he-man's hair covers it totally... instead you can clearly see how his balls and dong dangles as he moves back and forth! Yes! For lewds, you watch He-man dong dangling with added nutsac in the wind!

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
@Agent HK47 Right? This is the worst joke ever. A lameass clone of a cookieclicker done poorly with honeyselect background.

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
@Agent HK47 Right? This is the worst joke ever. A lameass clone of a cookieclicker done poorly with honeyselect background.
LMFAO, I won't play this game anytime soon then, thanks for the info Ennoch, you gotta admit that it was fucking hilarious though, from my point of view anyway, thanks lad :)

Reactions: Ennoch

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
I'm curious why the dev thought this ''gameplay'' was a good idea. Like, did he actually bother to play this himself? Did he enjoy it?! Could he have actually played this and said ''This is fun. I'm sure people will love this.''? I can't believe it. I refuse to believe it.

Reactions: Ennoch
2.00 star(s) 4 Votes