Ren'Py All Ren'py games suddenly showing this error message...

Gestalt-VIII

Apr 14, 2020
Hi everyone.

Pretty new to the whole forum thing, so maybe this has been answered before. If so, I do apologize.

So basically, I did nothing special and today, all my Ren'py games started showing this error message :

Error.png

And I can't launch any of them.

Thing is, nothing actually changed on my computer. Yesterday, everything was working fine, and now, I can't start any of my games... I tried to look up the registry if the issue was coming from there, but no luck.

So, if anyone could provide any advice, I'd be really glad !

Thanks in advance !

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
What is the actual name of the game folder? From your image, it looks like "Holiday Island (Version 2.3.2)" is followed by a space and a character Ren'py doesn't understand. If you removed the latter, I guess you should be able to launch the game.

Gestalt-VIII

Apr 14, 2020
What is the actual name of the game folder? From your image, it looks like "Holiday Island (Version 2.3.2)" is followed by a space and a character Ren'py doesn't understand. If you removed the latter, I guess you should be able to launch the game.
Well, thanks for the answer, I will indeed try this. But it still seems weird as everything was working correctly before, and the name of the folders haven't changed... :unsure:

Last edited: