May 9, 2018
Alright, going through the demo, the game's premise holds a lot of potential not to mention that your renders were quite nice and thematic. With that being said, the game still has a long way to go but there are definitely things you can improve especially in such an early stage to avoid major complications down the line.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I apologize if the above seems a bit much, but I really like the concept and you seem like a cool dev who truly wants to deliver a game that you believe in instead of something... "meh"... for lack of a better term, lol.

I really wish you the very best, man. Will definitely keep an eye on future releases and good luck with the Renpy port :)

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
I would really like an option to turn off music/sound (or the bare minimum to be able to adjust volume). Otherwise, I can't wait for more.

(B.t.w. if the option is there already, I didn't find it).
No worries, I am currently halfway through the opening scene in RENPY! looks like I still have enough brainpower for learning new things in a hurry. If all goes well I should be able to have a full Ren'py release by next week.

Reactions: moudy and Hyped

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
Alright, going through the demo, the game's premise holds a lot of potential not to mention that your renders were quite nice and thematic. With that being said, the game still has a long way to go but there are definitely things you can improve especially in such an early stage to avoid major complications down the line.

I apologize if the above seems a bit much, but I really like the concept and you seem like a cool dev who truly wants to deliver a game that you believe in instead of something... "meh"... for lack of a better term, lol.

I really wish you the very best, man. Will definitely keep an eye on future releases and good luck with the Renpy port :)
There is a reason the brothers go back n forth though.

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
Glad to hear that. TyrannoBuilder is just...icky! :)

Don't forget us Mac users, whatever you decide - TyrannoBuilder can make a Mac version too!
Yes tyranobuilder can indeed make a mac, if you like i can throw an android and mac build up while you guys wait for the Ren'py?

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
Well, story begins intereseting. could be a strong storyline.
Graphics are good quality.
the only problem I have is when I put on autoplay, it's a novel, so reading without the need to click every time is recommended, I can't change the reading speed.
there is sound, however, no option to change volume or even shut off/on the sound
The autoplay should be working unless you meant changing the speed of the text while auto-playing. And I aim to resolve all of these inconvenient issues with a Ren'py build (in the works as we speak ) I'm sorry guys I really am. I thought Ren'py was terrifying when compared to the simplicity of drag n drop tyrano offered. Turns out it's not so bad, at least for what I am trying to do.

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
Added Mac and Android versions to OP.

Developer here: I wanted to at least let those of you who wish to play on Mac or Android to try the game. I have no android devices to test, nor do I have a mac for testing. In short, these may just be a waste of your bandwidth and I can not help you if they don't work. I am currently working on converting the game into Ren'py. I want to focus on doing that full time right now. I would also like to make one thing clear. These are all tyranobuilds, the Ren'py builds for MAC and Android may not even come. I am not sure of the how as of yet, but if they take a lot of work I don't think I will be able to make it happen anytime soon. I make no promises on Renpy MAC-Android builds at this time.

Last edited:

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
I get what you're saying. and you're right...

I'm here for two reasons. One is to listen to your input, and two to see the reactions of people to the story. I appreciate every bit of criticism. I am very solid when it comes to character (IRL) in other words I don't get offended easily. You as far as I am concerned are the audience. So I will read and absorb everything. Hopefully, in the end, I can find ways to please as much as I can without deviating from my story. So don't feel sorry for expressing yourself! I'm listening.

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
@OneManVN - Things like Linux and Mac builds are so automatic in Ren'py you may accidentally generate them if you forget to untick boxes :p

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
@OneManVN - Things like Linux and Mac builds are so automatic in Ren'py you may accidentally generate them if you forget to untick boxes :p
Glad to hear that Zenith. And thanks again for helping get rid of my childish fear of Ren'py. Overnight I learned how to splash screen, fade in music fadeout sounds music play video. The list is long. This is actually fun! Even branching is a lot easier than tyranobuilder since I can point it exactly where I want it to go.

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
UPDATE: I have the workflow down, I am nearly done with the opening scene on Ren'Py. Progress is steady, at this rate I may have completed the conversion to Ren by Monday. Wish me luck and ttys.

moudy

Mar 2, 2017
No worries, I am currently halfway through the opening scene in RENPY! looks like I still have enough brainpower for learning new things in a hurry. If all goes well I should be able to have a full Ren'py release by next week.
I'm already excited :D

Reactions: OneManVN

K4in

Nov 14, 2017
I don't get why anyone making a game without options menu ... Is he never play ANY GAME before? It's like making FPS without option to change fov and sensitivity...
Does anyone know how to mute the music? so annoying
EDIT NVM mute in windows

Last edited:

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
I don't get why anyone making a game without options menu ... Is he never play ANY GAME before? It's like making FPS without option to change fov and sensitivity...
Does anyone know how to mute the music? so annoying
EDIT NVM mute in windows
Because tyranobuilder UI material was all 960 and I wanted a 1920x1080 project. Second, he has played many games, in fact somewhere around 12000 games since amiga. And last but not least: I wanted to make it because I had a story I wanted to tell. I am glad I did because thanks to the game you paid for (sarcasm) I heard the complaint's criticism from many people here on F95 and started converting the entire project to Ren'py. As we speak I am on scene 2 of the project hope that will be more acceptable.

Last edited:

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
Because tyranobuilder UI material was all 960 and I wanted a 1920x1080 project. Second, he has played many games, in fact somewhere around 12000 games since amiga. And last but not least: I wanted to make it because I had a story I wanted to tell. I am glad I did because thanks to the game you paid for (sarcasm) I heard the complaint's criticism from many people here on F95 and started converting the entire project to Ren'py. As we speak I am on scene 2 of the project hope that will be more acceptable.
You get 'em, Tiger!

I also had (multiple) Amigas. In fact they were where I first learnt programming. , FTW!

Reactions: OneManVN

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
UPDATE: I am confident enough to release my first Ren'py build. That is of course if UncleVT is still awake! I'll send a message and find out. I have gotten to the point where I no longer fear making mistakes. I've split Professional/gentle scripts so things don't get cluttered and I have finally defined all characters. This will speed everything up. It's basically a copypasta game now. I am 100% certain I will be done by tomorrow.

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
Yo Adrian, I did it! Link has been sent to UncleVT. I am dead tired but very satisfied. I really hope those of you who had issues with the tyranobuilder version can finally enjoy it in Renpy. Catch you guys on the next update.

3.50 star(s) 77 Votes