Ren'Py Abandoned After Class [v0.05] [RAR Games]

2.70 star(s) 3 Votes

Schori123

Dec 8, 2017
Well, this escalated quickly :eek::eek:
I´m sad to see that this is abandoned, was a great idea :pensive:
Wasn´t here since update 0.2, is 0.5 worth downloading?
Because it was said, that there were just minimalistic updates?

Reactions: nimfa

M4t7theNinja

Sep 20, 2017
The crazy thing is in some aspects he's not wrong, criticism can come across as attacking the person or the game which from some of the posts I read could easily been seen as that, sorry to see you go Monkey, the game was great well it lasted

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
They should be a tag or a thread ... or someting.. anything.. that will regroup all thoses funny thread.
they are multiples of them, and it always give a good laugh to read them.

( i just feel a huge urge to tag a moderator or something to request that kind of thread to be created LMAO XD , but i will try to restrain myself... for the sake of the rest of my common sens )

Slappy Kinkaid

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2018
So just a few notes that I would like to leave. First, it doesn't seem that the game is actually abandoned. He's still updating it on & he said back in May that he is still working on it. That said, it was over 3 months ago, so I suppose do with that info what you will.

I also realize that whether abandoned or not, maybe the majority opinion is his game is no longer welcome here due to the conflict in this thread. I have some thoughts on that.

First, regarding the Dev's conduct, yeah he was out of line in some areas. He certainly needs to handle criticism better & not take things so personally. I'm not going to pretend that the manner in which he acted was appropriate.

Having said that though, It's not as though his ire was unprovoked. Yes, some of you did provide constructive criticism. However for others of you, it was considerably less than constructive. So while I agree that he shouldn't have let those comments get to him & react the way he did, let's not pretend that it came out of nowhere.

Also keep in mind, his other game was removed from the site citing that it had underage characters or something to that regard, & right off the bat, he's getting FBI jokes lobbed at him in this thread. So, that considered, he likely was already a bit sore & on the defensive. Not saying that makes how he acted ok, I'm just saying don't be surprised when additional unconstructive comments make him blow a gasket.

As for his other game, Personally I think he's justified in being upset about that. I haven't played it, but I looked it up & according to the description, a couple of the characters have essentially some variant of the condition Gary Coleman had, meaning they were adults but still LOOKED like kids. Frankly, I don't think it was fair that his game was pulled. Now sure, some degree of speculation as to whether or not it was a cop out to make a quasi pedo game is reasonable. However, let's keep in mind that on this very same site, there are multiple games with protags that look like & are child age boys, One game that was referenced earlier in this thread with fuckable female NPCs that, while they might have giant boobs & look adult, are listed in game as young as 13, games all about rape, vore, etc... I mean there is 1 game about a homeless schoolgirl, (that looks underage too btw), whom is constantly being raped, abused & assaulted, & at one point in the game, her dog, (whom was the only friend she had in the world), was killed, cooked & then force fed to her. I don't think ANY of us has the moral high ground if we accept all of that but then take shots at a game with ADULT characters that LOOK like children. That's like turning a blind eye to bank robbery but then going after someone else for petty shoplifting. If his games were over the line then surely all those others are WAY over the line are they not? & if not, why are they ok while his are not? Why is a game with adult looking children ok but child looking adults not? Is the important detail whether they look like kids or whether they ARE kids? Make sense?

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
Agree, totally. That said, some of the renders, especially in the vag region, made me want to puke.

2.70 star(s) 3 Votes