Tutorial Additional way to monetize HTML5 games [+Cryptocurrency]

U

User_920791

No, it's your job. You are the one who wants people to use ads in their game, and claim to explain to them how to do so. Like you aren't at all (blink) affiliated to a-ads, the less you must do is to give at least one or two alternative. And it happen that you had one under your nose in the message you answered. Just use your brain and less than one minute of your so precious time ; let's call this a honesty test.
One of these things is not like the others, one of these things just doesn't belong.
The creation of this guide was an entirely voluntary action. I have not signed any contract that requires me to test or indicate multiple ad network options. Even so, from the first answers, I have already made clear my willingness to insert other options if someone suggests. The big problem is that no one made any direct suggestions. The only thing you both did was disqualify the option I indicated and comment repeatedly that I am forced to seek other options. No, definitely I am not obliged to do this and I am not obliged to prove anything to anyone.

The purpose of this guide was very clear from the beginning and I fulfilled it perfectly. I've introduced an additional way to monetize adult games using a service with no requirements, which gives ample freedom for developers as it literally has no rules for publishers. Although both of you see the idea of using ads as something unpleasant or outdated, it works and can be used immediately by any developer using an HTML5 engine. Depending on the popularity of the game, it can be far more lucrative than possibly waiting dozen of months, with no guarantee, until people begin to support the developer directly.

Honestly, I see no more reason to waste my time with this discussion. When I see a direct suggestion indicating another trusted ad network, I come back and add it to the guide.

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
The creation of this guide was an entirely voluntary action. I have not signed any contract that requires me to test or indicate multiple ad network options. Even so, from the first answers, I have already made clear my willingness to insert other options if someone suggests. The big problem is that no one made any direct suggestions. The only thing you both did was disqualify the option I indicated and comment repeatedly that I am forced to seek other options. No, definitely I am not obliged to do this and I am not obliged to prove anything to anyone.

The purpose of this guide was very clear from the beginning and I fulfilled it perfectly. I've introduced an additional way to monetize adult games using a service with no requirements, which gives ample freedom for developers as it literally has no rules for publishers. Although both of you see the idea of using ads as something unpleasant or outdated, it works and can be used immediately by any developer using an HTML5 engine. Depending on the popularity of the game, it can be far more lucrative than possibly waiting dozen of months, with no guarantee, until people begin to support the developer directly.

Honestly, I see no more reason to waste my time with this discussion. When I see a direct suggestion indicating another trusted ad network, I come back and add it to the guide.
You would think that someone who was dedicated to finding the best method might be interested when presented with 74 others that might fit their needs. Especially considering the very valid concerns that have been raised in regards to the fact that your suggestion is anonymous and unaccountable.

However, if you want to run the risk that you'll be supporting ISIS or CP or something, go for it. I'm done with this thread.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
The creation of this guide was an entirely voluntary action.
Yes, like it was a voluntary action for me to create a tool and few how-to for Ren'py. But strangely, when someone come with a, "is it possible to add this feature to the tool ?", or a, "you can also talk about this", I didn't asked them to do all the works for me. This because I wrote this tool and those how-to for a reason: helping others.
And it's the same reason behind almost all the other guide and tool threads you can find here. We, their authors, knew that we'll had to dedicate a part of our time to maintain them, and we do it without complain because what matter is that what we did is the more complete and useful possible.

This said :

When I see a direct suggestion indicating another trusted ad network, I come back and add it to the guide.
There's already a suggestion. It's not difficult do solve the rebus ; what I wrote is the name of the network after all. You just go on the second page of the list I gave and you'll very quickly find the URL to their site.
Hell, if you wander on other sites than F95z, you've probably already seen this name before. This especially if you're really interested in game monetization by ads ; it's the ad agency used and recommended by a major site on the scene.
The time you needed to write this answer is more than enough to find it and update OP, while the rebus was, as I said, for you to prove your honesty. It was also your chance to prove that you can be trusted, that when you say, "a-ads is reliable and can be trusted", despite all the things talking against it, you don't just spread some words you heard.

Too bad, you failed at both.