• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

GoldMike

Apr 27, 2017
Hmm, that's very odd. Are you testing a simple prompt (like, a dog running in a park or something) in the API tester page? If so, then it shouldn't be a content error. It could be that there was an API outage? Maybe try again now?

If the simple prompt works, but you're copying the prompt and then it's getting that error on the API tester page, it may be a content error. If that's the case, could you share the prompt with me so that I can help reduce the chance of that occurring in the future?

Also, you did add $5, not just using the free credit, right? Since for some reason the free credit doesn't work properly for DALL-E generations.

I don't tend to respond very quickly here, but I can try to reply more quickly on my Discord server if you want to discuss this further and try some troubleshooting.
I added $10 of credit and the prompt I'm using is "A photo of a cat sleeping". OpenAI doesn't show a single request showing up on the usage page. Generated a fresh API key but it acts like either my internet isn't connected or the key is wrong. I downloaded 1.1.3 from Mega and all I did was extract it. Haven't touched anything.

FloricSpacer

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2020
I added $10 of credit and the prompt I'm using is "A photo of a cat sleeping". OpenAI doesn't show a single request showing up on the usage page. Generated a fresh API key but it acts like either my internet isn't connected or the key is wrong. I downloaded 1.1.3 from Mega and all I did was extract it. Haven't touched anything.
When you click on the "Limits" page on your OpenAI account does it say "usage tier 1" at the top?

Ugh, I think this is an issue with OpenAI's API, and with DALL-E 3 in particular. I suspect you're getting this problem, which doesn't seem to have any solution, besides making sure you have credit (which you have) and making a fresh API key to try again.

Genuinely super frustrating, since I don't think I can fix this. I think it should probably start working eventually? You can wait, then make new API keys and keep trying, and eventually it should work, I hope? Or you could try contacting OpenAI's support, I suppose, if you wanted to try that.

The only other thing I can think of is that it may take a while for the rate limit increase to apply to your account after you buy credits. If that's the case, then it should start working within a few days when you make a new API key.

Someone else is reporting a similar error, and I'm certain it's an issue with the API keys they made/their account. But I don't know what's causing the error.

I'm really sorry, and I feel awful since I know you spent money to get the credits.

Edit: The issue with the other user was resolved by having them confirm that they paid for $5 worth of credits to move into usage tier 1, then deleting their old keys and making new ones. After that it worked properly for them.

Last edited:

GoldMike

Apr 27, 2017
When you click on the "Limits" page on your OpenAI account does it say "usage tier 1" at the top?

Ugh, I think this is an issue with OpenAI's API, and with DALL-E 3 in particular. I suspect you're getting this problem, which doesn't seem to have any solution, besides making sure you have credit (which you have) and making a fresh API key to try again.

Genuinely super frustrating, since I don't think I can fix this. I think it should probably start working eventually? You can wait, then make new API keys and keep trying, and eventually it should work, I hope? Or you could try contacting OpenAI's support, I suppose, if you wanted to try that.

The only other thing I can think of is that it may take a while for the rate limit increase to apply to your account after you buy credits. If that's the case, then it should start working within a few days when you make a new API key.

Someone else is reporting a similar error, and I'm certain it's an issue with the API keys they made/their account. But I don't know what's causing the error.

I'm really sorry, and I feel awful since I know you spent money to get the credits.

Edit: The issue with the other user was resolved by having them confirm that they paid for $5 worth of credits to move into usage tier 1, then deleting their old keys and making new ones. After that it worked properly for them.
Yeah all seems to be working now. Guess I just had to wait for the OpenAI system to catch up. Thanks for the help :)

FloricSpacer

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2020
Yeah all seems to be working now. Guess I just had to wait for the OpenAI system to catch up. Thanks for the help :)
Ah great! I'm really glad to hear that. Otherwise I wouldn't know what else to try to solve it haha. I hope you enjoy the game!

3.90 star(s) 16 Votes