• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Axismundi

Jul 14, 2018
I played this on TF Gaming a while ago, and what I remember is that it was a game that felt like it had a lot of effort put into it while also feeling terrible and soulless to play at the same time.

The first thing to address is that this game has nothing in the way of narrative. The game basically tells you to make up the story as you go along. The game gives you no reason to go into the depths other than to "find more relics".

The same could be said for the transformations as well. You're given a large list to choose from, but most of them have very little to no impact on anything at all in the game. Maybe you're giving a vague dialogue here or there that acknowledges a transformation. But nothing of interest. Once again, you're asked to make up all the scenarios and interesting things that happen to your character after the transformation.

But I feel like the worst thing is the gameplay loop. Which is a shame. Because this is where they started to show a lot of effort, it just got placed in all the wrong areas, in my opinion. They put a lot of effort into weight management, supplies, and all that other stuff, but all it really does is make playing the game annoying.

99% of this game was just asking you to fantasize and make up stuff for yourself, and if you're doing almost all of the work, why do you even need the game at that point?

But that was a long time ago. So my question is: has this game improved in any way, shape, or form? Or is it still just a list of transformations that you have to jump through a few annoying hoops to see?

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
The first thing to address is that this game has nothing in the way of narrative.
You must play different games than I do.

Most games seem to operate on the premise "my son has a huge cock, I must fuck him!" or, for the NTR crowd, "my wife saw the big black cock of my boss, now I have to stand in the corner while she fucks him". :WutFace:

By comparison this game has a huge amount of narrative.

Seriously.

There is still stuff missing, like the effects of many relics, and the possibility to initiate a (sexual) relationship with your companions. But you really can't complain about the amount narrative, not even on these topics I just mentioned. I would sooner expect this game to take flak for walls of text... :FacePalm:

Axismundi

Jul 14, 2018
Very Good Points
Well, give me an example of what the story is in this game. I know you're supposed to get relics and make money, but why are we doing that? Or a transformation that has more than just a one-off scene when you get it and a few lines of dialog after. Hell, last time I played, when I got into an encounter, the game just asked me to type out how I got out of it. Like I said, it's been a very long time since I've played it, and they could have changed a lot and made me look like a fool, but I don't feel like downloading it just to find out. So if I'm being a silly goose, please enlighten me.

dgiriyftes

Dec 24, 2021
This game would have a amusing gameplay loop if there was more interaction with the world, which is pretty barebones atm. I thought discovering more lore and reading about the different artifacts and corruptions was kind off rewarding after having to manage my resources (which is pretty easy if you have some saves to fall back on stack up some more if you fell short). Most of the text about the layers and artifacts is pretty well written imo. Though, this game would be much more interesting if you got feedback from other divers in the abyss or monsters about you different relics and transformations. This wouldn't have to be completely unique ones for each and every artifact/transformation, rather some generic scenarios for each layer which get some extra flavor for each change to your character would be already satisfying. Stuff like meeting some divers at the start and having a nice interaction only for having the recognize you later as some abomination while you crawl back out of the abyss and them being utterly repulsed would be fun. The art being plucked from the internet is kind of uncomfortable, maybe AI art would do the trick if you have no time to make any. Definitely not fap material either as it is now. Well this is just my opinion. This could become a pretty fun transformation game.

fuccboi2008

Oct 4, 2018
Seen this one before. It's basically 'use your imagination as to what happened', as there's no sex and the transformations have no game impact whatsoever. It can be kind of interesting to mess around with for a bit, but it's not really 'that' kind of adult game.
Some of the transformations do have a impact on gameplay besides cosmetic effects and dialogue changes, but far as I can tell they only apply for layer 8.

Apr 16, 2018
noticed a bug with the twin curse not giving the twin the appropriate gender and the inventory keeps "eating" ammo(will buy 50 rounds and will be completely gone by the next in-game day). would like more explicate content, how do I increase affection for party members?

Dracilla

Jul 19, 2020
Apparently it's based on some anime? No idea, but the world building is quite deep (heh!) and comprehensive.
The anime is "Made in Abyss", its really good but features starkly contrasting themes in a grim unforgiving world brought to life by fantastic art and given a soul by the incredible kevin penkin.

Senzuku

Jun 15, 2018
I do hope that there will be more companion interaction in the future, especially after you pass the curse to them.

Sen-koin

Jan 9, 2021
how can you safely get pass 8 i die every time i try to go deeper or back up is there something the can help with this place?
You'll be happy to know that at least for the moment your not missing out on anything. All you get for the ninth layer is a blurb describing it and then a "this is the end of the curent content" screen.

May 16, 2022
Insane that a made in abyss game would force you to make your character over 18. That's the biggest conflict of interest I've ever seen.
It only requires you to start over 18, ofc that lasts for about 10 seconds on the first layer depending on your luck/proclivities for accepting curses

Reactions: Weisskralle

Narog

Nov 16, 2016
when using the skewed shrine on a willing companion it pops up an error ("Error: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<if>> clause: State.variables.playerCurses[State.temporary.j] is undefined.").
and returning to the camp afterwards it shows an errorwindow at the top of the screen (" Error: <<CarryAdjust>>: error within widget code (Error: <<HeightCorrected>>: error within widget code (Error: <<GenderCorrected>>: errors within widget code (Error: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<if>> clause: e is undefined; Error: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<if>> clause: e is undefined; Error: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<if>> clause: e is undefined; Error: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<if>> clause: e is undefined; Error: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<if>> clause: e is undefined))) "), which is probably connected to that previous one?

the forcefull transfer works, but than i have to live with the dissaprovel, even if i use a choice that falls under willing.

so i cant realy use the shrine :/

Nixi~

Apr 25, 2018
Does anyone know how to avoid the rehabilitation robots in layer 7?
Edit: Do not pick the Hypno curse. Also how you avoid them is by having 500 gold, but it seems as it's not implemented yet.

Last edited:

glyndas

Sep 25, 2020
Insane that a made in abyss game would force you to make your character over 18. That's the biggest conflict of interest I've ever seen.
Also this game is just a CYOA image made into a HTML file, there's no actual content here.
You can regress you age with curses by 9 years, so yeah that's the reason.

3.90 star(s) 16 Votes