About 3D art in games

IZnoGouD

Dec 22, 2016
Which is the best software to "create" 3D art for games? I see a lot of games that use 3D art and I have no idea what they use.

Would you guys suggest something like TK17 or DAZ?

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
The most popular is Daz3D.. the basic program is free but the add-ons can start climbing into the several hundred dollar range... You get models, clothes, textures, lights and backgrounds that put in a scene. Spend time posing and morphing the model, even more time trying to get textures of clothes and skin right, then be prepared to spend a lot of time fiddling with the lighting and trying to get a halfway decent render without turning your computer into a smoking husk.
Programs similar to Daz3D are Poser Pro, Maya, Carrara, Blender, MakeHuman, etc. Good examples of it are games by Rimyrr, Icstor, Mortze, PandP, etc.

TK17 (Sexvilla/Thrixx) doesn't have the morphing ability or the flexibility of Daz BUT it's much easier to get a model posed and ready, and you can also make videos quite easily so it's a faster process. As a bonus there's a huge amount of mods available at modsgarden for clothes, scenes, lighting configurations, sex positions (animated), and poses. A couple games that use it are "Beggar of Net - My New Life" and "The Twist".

Then there's Honey Select/Sexy Beach Premium Resort from Illusion. Similar to TK17 but with a different flavor and it's also fairly easy to use. It's also got really neat mods to improve the lighting of your scenes and giving your models some really neat textures. Look up Glassix, Cohabitation, and Lab Rats.

To recap.. you will have to pay something in both money and face a learning curve to make stuff in Daz, Poser, Blender, etc. But there is almost NO limit to what you can do if you invest some time in it.
You can find torrents of TK17, Honey Select, etc and get going on those much faster but the trade off is less flexibility.

Reactions: Ōba

IZnoGouD

Dec 22, 2016
Thanks. Yeah, DAZ is the best with the cost of time and skill. I tried a couple of assets I already have (even that I am basing my assets of bits I found free). As far I can tell iRay kills my PC so OpenGL is - for now - my only option. Also lights are a pain in the ass to fix.

I played The Twist and My New Life. I like how in the Twist he managed to add a 3D view in scenes. I am thinking in starting a project so I can learn something, maybe unity or RPGMaker.

Archast

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
A bit late to the party but if you know a little of 3D programs like 3DS max or Blender are better suited to 3d art, I'm using Daz to base the models and after I export them to 3DS max for faster rendering, IRAY takes too much time to make something look good, in my tests it took over 10x more time than in 3DS, so for now I think blender or 3DS are better suited for this kind of job.

Reactions: FSDL

GTX9800

Aug 8, 2016
Anyone knows if the guy from Lesson of Passion creates his own 3D models or does he purchase them from somewhere?

And how about the models from :
Elena's Life
Lida's Adventures
Corrupting the Intern
?

I am asking for scientific purposes. :D

EDIT:
For example, in the "Sarah's Life" thread, somebody posted the model + hair used :

Last edited:

Tarasia

Satan's soul
Donor
Aug 11, 2016
Anyone knows if the guy from Lesson of Passion creates his own 3D models or does he purchase them from somewhere?

And how about the models from :
Elena's Life
Lida's Adventures
Corrupting the Intern
?

I am asking for scientific purposes. :D

EDIT:
For example, in the "Sarah's Life" thread, somebody posted the model + hair used :

If memory serves me correct, they use daz. The women (dunno if all) in their widely acclaimed Living with Temptation game are (all) based on the victoria 7 model, for buying i don't think so these artist don't go with stock or buyable models like we seen terrorizing patreon these days. They use their own morphs untill they get the person they want.

Reactions: GTX9800