• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Abandonment Procedure (Solved)

QuickBob

Oct 27, 2019
I'm not certain if this is the right place to post this since I just have a question, not any problems, but I couldn't find anywhere else that seemed to fit.

What is the procedure for reporting games that are clearly abandoned (by the 3 month rule and then some) but don't have the prefix? Should I just necropost on the thread to bring it to the mods attention? Or should I use the report function? I only ask because it's not included in the "Report reason" section and I'd rather not waste the mods' time by doing it the wrong way.

Thanks in advance!

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Just report the OP.

But be aware that the 3 months rule only applies if the dev completely disappears for this period.

If the dev is still active on patreon or another platform then it is 18 months without any game update before the abandonment prefix can be applied.

Reactions: QuickBob

QuickBob

Oct 27, 2019
Just report the OP.

But be aware that the 3 months rule only applies if the dev completely disappears for this period.

If the dev is still active on patreon or another platform then it is 18 months without any game update before the abandonment prefix can be applied.

Will do! Much appreciated. I found a few when cleaning out my 'watched' threads. Some of these games haven't been touched in over a year, thread and patreon/itch.