Unity Completed Abandoned: A Tale Of Forgotten Lives [v1.0] [Kerni]

4.40 star(s) 54 Votes

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
Я уже спрашивала ранее.Вы делаете новых "Симс" или новый "Фоллаут"или "Скайрим"? Все эти игры у меня есть.И они загружаются .И для них нет нужды покупать новый компьютер.Почему же я должна покупать новый компьютер для вашей игры?
I already asked earlier. Do you make new "Sims" or new "Fallout" or "Skyrim"? I have all these games. And they are loaded. And for them there is no need to buy a new computer. Why should I buy a new computer for your game?
We're running in circles, you named games almost a decade old...Welcome in 2018/19

You could ask Sony, why they don't release their games on PSone, PS2 and PS3 too.
if you use a specific engine to develop a game, you need to set minimum requirements.

Why you should buy a new computer you ask, seriously?! To play games that are not 10 years old. Don't blame the Dev for your stubborness.

BC this is heavily Off Topic right now, i let it be.

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
Thanks, I will double check the files on the server. There are only 15 from what I could tell, right? Just making sure I wasn't missing a setting somewhere that would show more.

The work is quite daunting through the flash-based mod manager, but once the text is extracted and I can dump it into another program it's actually not so difficult. I modified another few thousand lines of text today during my spare time. I'll upload that file shortly.
Hi @bshippers, and @Kerni, I hadn't played since 0.61 so I grabbed 0.96 and the patch to 0.96.2, and then tried to figure out how to get bshipper's work into the game. I found the answer in the docx file in the Story Mod tools folder but it took a bit to find it. The secret being i had to name the file *StoryMod.js* and save it in the root of the game folder. kerni, maybe you could make that the default name when you download a mod and then save it, or put it in the ModManager.exe directions when you open the program.

As for bshippers file, I can't remember too much about the early game play and the problems that were in the dialog, but I do believe your fixes help the game a lot. I had to stop for the night at the first mecha spider fight and I have a couple of lines that could still use work. Unfortunately, I am unable to make it easy to find as I did not write them down as I saw them, but both were tense issues, line starts in present tense which is correct, then the second half is in past tense. One of them was when Aemi was offering her services to Victor and it was something like "I remove the towel and she knelt before me", should be kneels before me. the other one was earlier in the game and I would have to play again to find it.

Reactions: bshippers

bshippers

Mar 14, 2018
but both were tense issues, line starts in present tense which is correct, then the second half is in past tense. One of them was when Aemi was offering her services to Victor and it was something like "I remove the towel and she knelt before me", should be kneels before me. the other one was earlier in the game and I would have to play again to find it.
Awesome, thanks for testing this out for me. I spent a bunch of time working through tense issues this afternoon and evening. I just installed a new extension to MS Word from grammarly.com, and it's doing a fantastic job of finding quite a few more verb tense issues. So hopefully in the next couple of days I will have a much more complete solution. But I'm glad it helped your playthrough!

Thanks again for the feed back, I just spent a good 10 minutes cleaning up all the knelt/kneel/kneed conflicts in the dialog. The holidays have me driving all over the place for the next couple of weeks but hopefully I can find time and a good wifi connection in there to upload a revised version when it's further refined.

Aila

Jul 10, 2018
We're running in circles, you named games almost a decade old...Welcome in 2018/19

You could ask Sony, why they don't release their games on PSone, PS2 and PS3 too.
if you use a specific engine to develop a game, you need to set minimum requirements.

Why you should buy a new computer you ask, seriously?! To play games that are not 10 years old. Don't blame the Dev for your stubborness.

BC this is heavily Off Topic right now, i let it be.
Tell me you will buy a new computer if Sony launches games with (for example, 500GB of RAM) Or just roll your finger at your head and say - "would you go far away ?!" Or you will run to buy a new hardware just because what is it in trend now?
I know what I will do! What do you do?

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
Tell me you will buy a new computer if Sony launches games with (for example, 500GB of RAM) Or just roll your finger at your head and say - "would you go far away ?!" Or you will run to buy a new hardware just because what is it in trend now?
I know what I will do! What do you do?
I said i'm done with this conversation. Your arguments are not meaningful for me.
We can agree to disagree.

Nulldev

Nov 28, 2017
This game runs on a Core 2 Duo which i bought in 2007 with a video card ATI HD 5770 from 2009. Not the best experience but works :D

Reactions: Cirro84 and DJD

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
I will say that I haven't even tried to run this game on my laptop with Sandy Bridge and HD3000 graphics, I don't want to do that to myself, but on the desktop with i7 8700K and AMD R260x graphics it looks great and everything runs smoothly. I haven't played in a while so figuring out the combat commands again was a pain, but other than that, it is a very engrossing VN that runs in a 3D engine.

My current restart hasn't gone too far into the story so there hasn't been a lot of free will involved yet, mostly get a task, complete the task, but I haven't fallen through a whole in the station yet, and everywhere I have been seems to work correctly.

@bshippers has done great work cleaning up the English. This is shaping up to be a great game that is not a quick romp, it takes some time to get all the way through.

Reactions: bshippers

bshippers

Mar 14, 2018
This is shaping up to be a great game that is not a quick romp, it takes some time to get all the way through.
I agree! The story is linear, no question, but the attention to detail is great. It's a real gem.

For those who aren't able to figure out the mod manager, here's a zip file that contains my most recent StoryMod.js text file. Just extract the StoryMod.js file into the same folder as your AATOFL.exe game file and it should help with some of the spelling issues. At least the ones that have been fixed so far. I think this one makes some modification, sometimes insignificant, sometimes significant, to 18,791 lines of dialog out of 24,586 (approx 76%). It's still a work in progress and although I will try to update this post from time to time, the most recent version will always be on the mod server that you can reach with the mod_manager program in the "Story mod tools" directory.

As I said in an earlier post, there's something like 178,000 words spanning almost 25,000 lines of dialogue, so there's a lot of proof-reading to do. Just a testament to how much work Kerni put into this game!

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
I agree! The story is linear, no question, but the attention to detail is great. It's a real gem.

For those who aren't able to figure out the mod manager, here's a zip file that contains my most recent StoryMod.js text file. Just extract the StoryMod.js file into the same folder as your AATOFL.exe game file and it should help with some of the spelling issues. At least the ones that have been fixed so far. I think this one makes some modification, sometimes insignificant, sometimes significant, to 18,791 lines of dialog out of 24,586 (approx 76%). It's still a work in progress and although I will try to update this post from time to time, the most recent version will always be on the mod server that you can reach with the mod_manager program in the "Story mod tools" directory.

As I said in an earlier post, there's something like 178,000 words spanning almost 25,000 lines of dialogue, so there's a lot of proof-reading to do. Just a testament to how much work Kerni put into this game!
to be precise you need to....
1.insert the storymod.js file into the folder where the AATOFL.exe is located
2. Start AATOFL
3. open the gameplay settings menu and activate the story mods (you should leave the full mod injection OFF)
1545559827408.png
4.Then you restart the game and during the restart it should take a bit londer due to the injkection of the spellchecking

Do not activate the old spellcorrection!
This type of spellcorrection is old and ugly ^_^
1545560016173.png

Dlite96

Nov 25, 2017
Im just wondering real fast, is the robot chick in the beginning supposed to have a black face, and body? Like pitch black robotic.

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
Im just wondering real fast, is the robot chick in the beginning supposed to have a black face, and body? Like pitch black robotic.
Aemi and Vivian don't look right did I do somethign wrong when I downloaded the game?
No ,Aemi (the robot Chick) should not have a black face o_O
Sounds like a graphical bug to me.
On What graphic preset do you started the game ?
(see the window wich will pop up if you start AATOFL.exe)

Dlite96

Nov 25, 2017
No ,Aemi (the robot Chick) should not have a black face o_O
Sounds like a graphical bug to me.
On What graphic preset do you started the game ?
(see the window wich will pop up if you start AATOFL.exe)
I put it on fantastic, because I have a EVGA 1080 TI, with an i5 6600K . So I was rather confident I could do it, should I lower it then?

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
I put it on fantastic, because I have a EVGA 1080 TI, with an i5 6600K . So I was rather confident I could do it, should I lower it then?
You could try , i mean with those specs it should be not problem so i would more likely think that this is more a driver issue.
Kind of weird to be honest . maybe the game files got corrupted on some ways but this is rather unlikely.

Dlite96

Nov 25, 2017
You could try , i mean with those specs it should be not problem so i would more likely think that this is more a driver issue.
Kind of weird to be honest . maybe the game files got corrupted on some ways but this is rather unlikely.
Is it because of mods or something? Goddamn it, I have no idea what's going on >.>

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
Is it because of mods or something? Goddamn it, I have no idea what's going on >.>
I do not think so the mods (spellchecking) are not ableto change anything besides the story elements (they change text stuff only)
Maybe updating your graphic drivers helps ?

4.40 star(s) 54 Votes