• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

A warning to all MegaUpload users! by FitGirl

Benn Swagger

Aug 26, 2016
Read this first.
Original Post :

I'm no expert in Internet things, but since I notice many content in here are using Mega, I just try cautious. Last I check, MegaUpload and Mega are the same thing, so here I create this thread. So please some one clarify this please ? And if it has trouble, please inform all uploader about this.

Note : RAR upload's content are fine, but not for single files.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
She recently reported that MegaUpload said that the issue is fixed. It should be safe now.
What happened was MegaUpload was adding extra bytes to the files which made the file invalid. It would lock up when you tried to extract or run it so the only way to fix it was to "re-hash" the file. That checks for the bytes and removes the bad bytes that made the file break.

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
According to FitGirl's site: MegaUpload == multiup.org so this is actually not about mega.nz
Bloody hell. I was confused as fuck about this. Even if it was talking about mega they shouldnt use the name "Megaupload". Megaupload is no more, altho Kim Dotcom said he will release a new version of megaupload next year that is a combination of Megaupload and bitcoin, but I drifted away from the point. I think it's rather idiotic to use the name megaupload for multiup.

NetZero

Aug 9, 2016
Bloody hell. I was confused as fuck about this. Even if it was talking about mega they shouldnt use the name "Megaupload". Megaupload is no more, altho Kim Dotcom said he will release a new version of megaupload next year that is a combination of Megaupload and bitcoin, but I drifted away from the point. I think it's rather idiotic to use the name megaupload for multiup.
Well MegaUpload has been around for many more years then Mega.nz so some may still say "Mega" and assume everyone is on the same page. On another sort of off topic tangent, didn't Megaupload get sized by the FBI or some shit last year? I thought it was gone already.

Benn Swagger

Aug 26, 2016
Read in Wiki, MegaUpload was closed down in 2012. Then in 2013, the KimDotcom make Mega.nz.
Then which one FitGirl talking ?

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Well MegaUpload has been around for many more years then Mega.nz so some may still say "Mega" and assume everyone is on the same page. On another sort of off topic tangent, didn't Megaupload get sized by the FBI or some shit last year? I thought it was gone already.
Exactly what I said. The FBI took down megaupload so it's quite stupid to use that name to refer to any other website because megaupload was the only true megaupload.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Ok.. I just followed it directly to the upload mentioned. It's a bioshock remastered for the pc. The date is Sept. 18, 2016 for the fitgirl repack and the problem was discovered right after the posting. It was apparently fixed around Sept 21. The site in question is multiup.org.
In esssence, gue5t is right.
Old names die hard, don't they?