• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py A tough time for NSFW artists in Europe?

Spelly

Nov 2, 2017
Hey, I'd be interested to know if there are any developers coming from Europe that have content on Patreon that 'may' infringe copyright. An example of this would be Illusion. Although Illusion apparently tolerates that you take pictures with their 'Chara Studio' and then use them in games, but it is of course strictly speaking a copyright infringement. I personally have no problem with it, on the contrary. Some of my favorite games are based on Illusion. But what about Patreon? Due to this bullshit 'Article 17', which comes into effect at the beginning of June, patreon, at least in Europe, is also obligated to proactively search and remove copyright infringements. Otherwise they could be held responsible. The same applies to youtube and the like... I'm afraid that patreon in Europe will remove a lot of content 'as a precaution' for fear of being held accountable for copyright infringement on their site. This means that even if Illusion tolerates you using their games to create a VN, Patreon will still care. And if there are any copyright violations in a Daz3D game... Well, here of course the upload filter takes effect as well. For me it looks like it will be a hard time for all NSFW artists in Europe... What do you guys think about this? Will Patreon in Europe be forced to remove (especially) illusion based VN's?