MacAdGames

Game Developer
May 26, 2020
So... Why tf are there images in the game that are hosted elsewhere? I know it's imgur, but still... Why.
View attachment 2475242
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The op probably should state you need an internet connection to play and see the game's images...
I was trying to save some game space, but eventually ll move them. Most probably in next update.

MacAdGames

Game Developer
May 26, 2020
Said this in a previous HTML game that did the same, makes me feel really unsafe about potential security threats in the future if the dev decides to hotlink to an unsafe site.
Thanks for bringing this up.
I'll move them in the next update, in the beginning of the development the thought was to save some disk spcae.

wytekki

Dec 1, 2018
I'll move them in the next update, in the beginning of the development the thought was to save some disk spcae.
Haven't made any games myself so i can't say anything about the aspect of saving space, but yeah saving everything locally and making the files downloadable would probably the safest method.

Reactions: MacAdGames
Jan 14, 2023
So... Why tf are there images in the game that are hosted elsewhere? I know it's imgur, but still... Why.
View attachment 2475242
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The op probably should state you need an internet connection to play and see the game's images...
HMTL, Hotlinks and images are obviously water-marked.

Smells like exploiting ad revenues & advertising the sites (even before the more nefarious things it could also do) - worse, a lot of that looks like generic American studio pr0n, so the sites themselves might just have bought the licenses rather than producing it (and taking a quick gander at who owns them, hmm). Edit: the use of imgur is just nonsensical here though. I presumed they were direct hotlinks to trigger ad revenue statistics, using imgur is just plain 'wtf?!' territory.

- Goes back to actual games with art in, pr0nhub is free y'know.

I was trying to save some game space, but eventually ll move them. Most probably in next update.
Didn't notice this: as the developer, can I ask why you're keeping the water-marks on the images you're using? You're apparently not advertising fishing (this is a thing, it really is) and presumably you've not paid to license them, so kinda wondering why you'd leave them water-marked. A lot of the actors in the shots are well known and don't use exclusivity deals, so it's not as if no-one is going to recognise them.

TL;DR

Game is apparently actually a hobby-craft; way it's designed resembles some really dodgy techniques used by the more scummy parts of pr0n media[1]. Developer might want to distance themselves from that look. So... good luck, I think (?).

[1] If you're a hobbyist, it's far far better for your long term Legal angle to remove any.... suggestion that you have a connection to this type of thing. No license paid? Then nuke all the water-marks, strip the meta-data, VPN to imgur and so on. Your future Legal team might thank you, if the worst came to the worst. And yes, a lot of those type of sites fall under RICO or the local equivalent, which is 100% a way for a prosecution to 'fluff up' a case. Oh, and the words "DMCA" should be in your orbit, as you've basically given them an easy target via your methodology: .

Oh, and before you come in here and post "but Imgur strips all the meta-data automatically", yeah, no: it strips the image that is available of all meta-data. Hint: it is required to read said data before stripping, and you cannot be sure (lol, dude, you're the product) that a snap-shot isn't taken before said stripping occurs. There's like a couple of USA Federal Laws requiring it before we get into spook country.

Last edited:

Samu Al Hydit

May 16, 2019
It's totally avoidable depending upon your choices, the MC (husband) will cheat (Can't avoid that) but for the rest's up to you.
Hey man, if I don't open up Reena's route in this version, will I still have another chance later? I'd rather not piss off the wife this early lmao.

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
This should be a priority. I won't even look at a game unless all of the content is local. If you are concerned about taking people's disk space, consider the fact that there is a thriving group of game compressors on this site. Here's my list of reasons why relying on remote content is a "Bad Idea":

• Bit rot - The internet is not a static thing. That hot pic on imgur may turn into goatse tomorrow as the dev realizes somebody has been leeching off of their content.
  • Connectivity - Users often want to download and move to another platform (eg phone) where price gouging telcos (think USA) want to charge an arm and a leg for every byte up and down. Also consider the folk who want to have a wank while taking a cruise whether that might be a cruise ship with even more ridiculous bandwidth charges or a submarine where the govt overlord looks down on "categroy six supplies" and other "naughty stuff".
  • Performance - Local means basically instant loads, especially for playing video. Then it all might come screeching to a halt when that local cable provider with a cute name like Crapcast or Cocks Cable decides to choke your chicken because they are too cheap to provision your hood with enough bandwitch to go around, and everybody decides to watch Game of Ho's on Nutflux at the same time.
  • Formatting - That image or video could probably use cropping, filtering and/or resizing to fit your VN.

4.60 star(s) 13 Votes