cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Is there a way to change Avatar to my picture?
Yes, but there is a bit on work

Check the folder
Images/Player
and you will see a folder for each available avatar.

a) create a new folder and add images with the same filenames and filetypes as you see in the other folder. Select images of a similar style

b) edit the file
Javascript/config.js
and you will see a commented out secton giving instructions, so if a female avatar add
sFemaleFolderList += ",MyFolderName";

Now when you start a new game your avatar should also be an option

Dec 6, 2017
Yes, but there is a bit on work

Check the folder
Images/Player
and you will see a folder for each available avatar.

a) create a new folder and add images with the same filenames and filetypes as you see in the other folder. Select images of a similar style

b) edit the file
Javascript/config.js
and you will see a commented out secton giving instructions, so if a female avatar add
sFemaleFolderList += ",MyFolderName";

Now when you start a new game your avatar should also be an option
Thanks you!

Bionick13

Feb 12, 2019
You do not break it, just use the skull and do the ritual. The chip is automatically done during the ritual
Still no option to use the skull, can drop the lock only. Tried with both skulls from church ruins and from graveyard. Can it be cause i used skull as the last item, and start the ritual rigth after?

Reactions: Luna Tambora

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Still no option to use the skull, can drop the lock only. Tried with both skulls from church ruins and from graveyard. Can it be cause i used skull as the last item, and start the ritual rigth after?
I will note you have not got the right skull, there are 3 possible ones in the game

Zarathos4

Trial Moderator
Trial Moderator
Jul 25, 2018
You need Kurndorf's skull not some random person. Visit the history classroom and search a couple of times, you should see the story of his death and buriel
I know. But you said there's 3 skulls. I only ever find two. Kurndorf's skull. And the random from Crypts where you also get the dagger. What's the third one?

Underc0de

Feb 14, 2019
I have finished Kundorf Quest, Davy Quest, Dragon Gem quest, Mother Superior, Vampire and Leanne side quests in apprentice mode, I've met Miku and I've some problems with some actions in the game:
- When I must to see Catherine, at midday nothing happens, and this is a repeteadly action everyday
- I can't charm Miku, Sarah, the girl with the thrall at hotel (I forgot her name)
- It's possible met to aunt Brandi or not yet (cousin already charmed)?
- There's some characters to find and I can't met them

I attach my savefile, could you help me please?

Deepsea

Apr 20, 2017
@cmacleod42
I thing you should bump that list of what can't be done this release to the top of the index page on the .html file, that way people might actually read it and not ask so many obvious questions.

You've probably missed Catherine at the construction site if you didn't go the day after receiving her message. Going again won't get her to appear, I don't think.
Check the walkthrough for Miku, Sarah can't be charmed on Apprentice (again, if you checked what couldn't be done you would know this) and Jesse also can't be charmed.
No Auntie and as for other characters, consult the walkthrough. It's there for a reason.

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
I have finished Kundorf Quest, Davy Quest, Dragon Gem quest, Mother Superior, Vampire and Leanne side quests in apprentice mode, I've met Miku and I've some problems with some actions in the game:
- When I must to see Catherine, at midday nothing happens, and this is a repeteadly action everyday
- I can't charm Miku, Sarah, the girl with the thrall at hotel (I forgot her name)
- It's possible met to aunt Brandi or not yet (cousin already charmed)?
- There's some characters to find and I can't met them

On the apprentice path pnly Catherine and Miku there can be charmed

Catherine, just return the following day and at the right time give her a phone call. Any earlier version of the game had a bug here so if it still fails please apply the 14.8.4 update and try agaih

You've probably missed Catherine at the construction site if you didn't go the day after receiving her message. Going again won't get her to appear, I don't think.
The Catherine meeting repeats indefinitely as I note above

TheKaizer

Dec 22, 2018
I seem to be unable to "use" my lock of hair at the altar, it's the last item I need aside from Chalk but I was still able to "use" all the other items with no problem, including the correct skull. Am I missing something obvious?

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
I seem to be unable to "use" my lock of hair at the altar, it's the last item I need aside from Chalk but I was still able to "use" all the other items with no problem, including the correct skull. Am I missing something obvious?
You do not use it to prepare for the Ritual, it will be used during the Ritual. You just need to have bought the scissors and used them to create the lock of hair. Please remember though, the lock of hair is the WRONG choice

The game will say when it is ready for the ritual and what is still needed in the text in Kurndorf's prison.

Reactions: TheKaizer

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
So then what am I missing to proceed with the ritual? I seem to be at an impasse and unable to progress.
When visiting the Ghost you will see text like the following when you are incomplete, listing the items needed and the items places

"Kurndorf looks at you for a moment. "Yes. To begin, you must collect a few items. Namely you will need to find chalk, salt, a chalice of some sort, a silver dagger, a large quartz crystal, a small branch of hemlock, some candles, a lock of your hair... Oh yes, and a human skull.

Kurndorf waits patiently for you to return with all of the requirements for the ritual.

When you have an item, use it here to prepare for the ritual

The chalk circle and pictograms have been drawn on the floor.
The beeswax candles have been placed and lit. They seem to burn forever.
You have a lock of your hair
Things on the Altar: Ritual Chalice, the Crystal, the Dagger, the Salt, the Hemlock,"

Once complete

"The ghost of Kurndorf hovers weightlessly before you. Even though the Séance is over it would seem that he still has enough power to maintain his presence here, at least for now.

"Excellent, my girl. It would seem you have everything we need... "

The chalk circle and pictograms have been drawn on the floor.
The beeswax candles have been placed and lit. They seem to burn forever.
You have a lock of your hair
Things on the Altar: Ritual Chalice, the Crystal, the Dagger, the Salt, the Hemlock, the Skull"

Please compare the list given of items and what you have placed. You are missing something

Reactions: TheKaizer
4.30 star(s) 58 Votes