Tool Ren'Py A simple gui (drag&drop) for unrpa and unrpyc for GNU+Linux

wsnlndr

May 20, 2023
This is a simple graphical user interface to drag and drop rpa and rpyc files, with that we can easily decompress or decompile them without putting commands in the terminal, using the game's default folders.

Latty -> -> -> GNU General Public License v3 or later (GPLv3+)
CensoredUsername -> -> Copyright (c) 2012 Yuri K. Schlesner

The credits go to the creators of unrpa and unrpyc, I have only copied from here and there using pyqt6 and geany with the help of stackoverflow.

How to use: drag the rpa or rpyc file you want to process into the box.
Note (It is made thinking of using it in GNU/Linux, but if you want to port it for Windows, I'm sure it will be easy for you, I don't have Windows, sorry!)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If anyone has any suggestions to improve the code, it would be welcome!
I hope it is useful to someone, greetings.

i

Last edited:
Reactions: Emoon

wsnlndr

May 20, 2023
This is the same version of gui, but with a modified version of unrpyc for difficult and stubborn files that cannot be decompiled with original unrpyc from the arch linux repositories.

The original unrpyc gives me this error, but not with all the files, just some that seem to be compiled in a different way.
Python:
Decompiling ./act1.rpyc to ./act1.rpy...
Error while decompiling ./act1.rpyc:
    bla...bla...bla...
TypeError: 'RevertableDict' object does not support item assignment
The attachment has the correction, but you don't have to install it, we don't want to lose the original version, so this would be something like a portable version.

Thanks for share the fix.

How to use:
You just have to run ./gui.py, drag and drop the *.rpyc files that resist being decompiled with the official decompiler.

Last edited:
Reactions: Emoon

Emoon

May 4, 2017
Cool, i didn't know unrpa was available via pip, i was still using rpatool. Thanks a ton.

Reactions: wsnlndr