A question

T-dog

Dec 22, 2017
Would it not be a valid way to circumvent certain "rules" to actually let the players choose the relationships of the characters as an example
"THIS IS _____ SHE IS MY ______ I REFER TO HER AS ____"
Then just let game engine take care of the rest? That way it's gamers choice?

Humlebien

Donor
Nov 15, 2016
I'm not so sure it is. If it's in the game options, it have to be listed. If it's listed, Patreon, as I assume it those cunts you refer to, will likely not like it.

Reactions: anne O'nymous

T-dog

Dec 22, 2017
I'm not so sure it is. If it's in the game options, it have to be listed. If it's listed, Patreon, as I assume it those cunts you refer to, will likely not like it.
Possibly but it takes the choice out of the creators hands and puts it in the players. At that point patron has no control over our minds.

Humlebien

Donor
Nov 15, 2016
Possibly but it takes the choice out of the creators hands and puts it in the players. At that point patron has no control over our minds.
It's a matter of definition. And it's Patreons opinions of that, that matter in this case. So whatever we might think is logical...... well let me use this quote: Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Ataios

Sep 11, 2017
I think it would, but it also would make a game quite generic. It would also limit a developers options, when telling a story.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
works like this, and the least I can say is that it feel really weird sometimes. It's not impossible to design your game this way, but it need a lot of works behind because it's not just a matter of changing a word by another. Sometimes it's the whole sentence which need to be changed if you want it to still seem real.

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Would it not be a valid way to circumvent certain "rules" to actually let the players choose the relationships of the characters as an example
"THIS IS _____ SHE IS MY ______ I REFER TO HER AS ____"
Then just let game engine take care of the rest? That way it's gamers choice?
The sole fact that a relationship type is even an option in the game, would automatically require it's inclusion... Regardless if it's optional or not... From my perspective, even just allowing a player to select their own keyword for the relationship type, means you allowed that option to be a possibility during game play... And I've learned, attempting to circumvent rules, just means you get more rules... So why bother...

T-dog

Dec 22, 2017
Honestly a little sad, these games are fun to play but adding in taboo themes makes certain ones much more fun and interesting.