• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN a question about game lenght

Yass4Fake

Arabasta is a nightmare
Game Developer
Jun 27, 2019
hey iam making a visual novel the story of the project is 80 percent ready but iam not good at coding or making art so i wanted to release a game protoype as an intro version do you think thats a good idea or it will hurt the game reputation

fitgirlbestgirl

Jul 27, 2017
I personally wouldn't. You only get to make a good first impression once. Putting out an unfinished prototype is a good way for a lot of people to assume they should ignore your game. If you want feedback on your writing/story you should post some of it in a normal thread and ask people to look at it.

Reactions: danarchist_lewd

zuulan

Oct 12, 2020
80% ready what that means? It hard to define game length about it. Thought i personally dont wish to spend time to a game that are less than 5 hours. If the first release is at least 2 hours it can be also even 0.5% of total readiness if dev is ready to work and finish it.

Yass4Fake

Arabasta is a nightmare
Game Developer
Jun 27, 2019
80% ready what that means? It hard to define game length about it. Thought i personally dont wish to spend time to a game that are less than 5 hours. If the first release is at least 2 hours it can be also even 0.5% of total readiness if dev is ready to work and finish it.
Just the story is 80% ready the game isnt ready at allit just in the first stage of development