A problem with Unity.

Crusoe

Donor
Apr 27, 2017
I can`t play Unity games. For example when i start Evening with Lina i have this message saying:
"you need a browser which supports webgl to run this content. try installing firefox".
But it has nothing to do with firefox. Some other people i checked on internet have the same problem.
No solutions though.
So any idea what could be the problem with Unity compatibility?

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016

You sure you have this installed

Reactions: Crusoe

Crusoe

Donor
Apr 27, 2017
@ 8mes
YAY.

@TCMS

I did it. I got an error while installing Visual Videos. I clicked retry, error again, i clicked continue. Started Unity, signed in.
And now how to proceed?
I tried to open the game but couldn`t.

Sorry, 101 student.

Last edited:

8mes

Aug 24, 2016
Sorry, out of my depth.

It could be your graphic card. I read somewhere that integrated or older cards can cause issues. Do you have your drivers updated?
"WebGL is integrated completely into all the web standards of the browser allowing GPU accelerated usage of physics and image processing and effects as part of the web page canvas."

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
A link to update your DirectX to 9.0c.
(Uncheck the option to change your homepage to Bing if you don't want that)

Crusoe

Donor
Apr 27, 2017
Thank you guys for trying to help me.
But if it means that i have to make any irreversible change in my computer, i can`t take the risk because i`m not sure what i`m doing.
Thanks again for your replies.

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
Thank you guys for trying to help me.
But if it means that i have to make any irreversible change in my computer, i can`t take the risk because i`m not sure what i`m doing.
Thanks again for your replies.
Updating your drivers and software is basic computer maintenance. I strongly urge you to search the internet and learn these simple, necessary skills. Good luck.

Edit: Just to clarify, you stated you have DirectX 6.1. The link I provided was the Microsoft update to install DirectX 9.0c (the one you need to run Unity).

Last edited:

Crusoe

Donor
Apr 27, 2017
OK tyhat`s strange. I downloaded it and run it. In just a second i got "updated". But i still have DX 11.
????
I read the lisst of System Requirements and i saw no Windows 7 there. And i have no Service Pack 1 .
Am i doing something wrong here?

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
OK tyhat`s strange. I downloaded it and run it. In just a second i got "updated". But i still have DX 11.
????
I read the lisst of System Requirements and i saw no Windows 7 there. And i have no Service Pack 1 .
Am i doing something wrong here?
Do you know if you have Windows Update turned on? If not, I urge you to google how and turn it on. This will update Windows 7 to the latest version (including Service Pack 1). WARNING! If you haven't kept your Windows updated, it may take a considerable amount of time for your laptop to download and install the updates with multiple restarts.

Updating Windows will solve a lot of problems and compatibility issues with software and hardware.

Also, read up on Restore Points. It's the backup utility Windows uses to reset your computer to an earlier/working state. It's very handy if something goes wrong.

Crusoe

Donor
Apr 27, 2017
Do you know if you have Windows Update turned on? If not, I urge you to google how and turn it on. This will update Windows 7 to the latest version (including Service Pack 1). WARNING! If you haven't kept your Windows updated, it may take a considerable amount of time for your laptop to download and install the updates with multiple restarts.

Updating Windows will solve a lot of problems and compatibility issues with software and hardware.

Also, read up on Restore Points. It's the backup utility Windows uses to reset your computer to an earlier/working state. It's very handy if something goes wrong.
Nope, disabled. I can`t do that for the moment. I have some work ongoing which is more important than Unity.
Anyway thanks man. I`ll do that as soon as i can.

Crusoe

Donor
Apr 27, 2017
@jerricho13 @TCMS
Ok, so during these days i`ve been experimenting and i found out i CAN play several unity games and i CAN`T play some others. I can play Man of the house for example but i can`t play BB.
I downloaded the last BB version (0.7.003. This is the error log i got
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

and this i the image i have when i try to load the game (attach)

Could you just take a look if you don`t mind, please.
Thanks guys.

Last edited:

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
may or may not be the problem here, but some devs are requiring login to play their games.
If you aren't an authorized user, you may or may not get a message telling you the real reason why you can't play.
Wait for a cracked version, is my suggestion.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
It looks like it could be different version of unity core engine between games not working with the video driver or you may be missing certain files. Like some directx libraries.

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
Did you ever update Windows and your video drivers? Also, a lot of newer Unity games are designed for 64bit operating systems. Your 32bit OS might be the problem. If your laptop is >7 years old, I recommend you purchasing a new one (64bit Win 10).