Tool A fix for VaM (virt-a-mate) files name downloaded from Kemono

melodee

Sep 6, 2021
What it does
Renames Virt-A-Mate files (.var) downloaded from like a813cdb5ae018c5a44bca372747bd3902ed4f058b4542603f7798efbb155d869.zip to the original filename Esingex.Mirra.404.var

.404. is added because the meta.json file doesn't contain the version number

On user(s) request I'll make a .exe version too, I made it in python for transparency reason

INFO
Recently I've been downloading a bunch of characters and scenes for VAM and after a while I noticed that downloads are .zip and the name is random
And because I didn't want to go to search for the original posts and rename all of them 1 by 1 I made this

How to use it
  1. Place your downloaded .zip files into kemono_vam_renamer/wrong_name
  2. Run the run.cmd file

Requirements

Download
View attachment kemono_vam_renamer.zip

Showcase

kemono_name_resolver.png

Last edited:

_Wolf_

Sep 25, 2017
Not to take away the time and effort here, its more of a personal preference, got an alternative.

What I've been doing is highlighting the name of the download, for example, "Download AmineKunai.Lingerie_Panties.1.var".
I would highlight AmineKunai.Lingerie_Panties.1.var part, copy the text, right click the link >save-as and when ready to save I paste the name, so it comes out correct every time then. Of course not all the files uploaded on their pages are named right, but 90% of them are so a couple more click does the job.

melodee

Sep 6, 2021
That's a great advice, but I'm too lazy for that :LOL:

Of course not all the files uploaded on their pages are named right
Now that you pointed that out, I had a couple of .var files that never loaded for me just to find out they have the incorrect name, but when you have too many or download many at once is hard to notice

I might do a script to check if all the .var files are valid

Last edited:
Reactions: Garviel Loken