RPGM A few questions about RPGM MV from a total newbie (Sorry about the ambiguous title)

Emperor_Arcturus

Jul 18, 2017
Like the title says, firstly I apologize for the overly ambiguous title, but I have several questions, some general and some more specific. To get into it, I recently had an idea to create a game. The overall concept is pretty simple for how it'll work, though there are definitely some things that'll probably cause headaches, but for now I wanna get the basic loop done, then move onto the other stuff, which'll probably be even more complicated.

So the basic loop is there'll be a terminal at the main base you can get missions from, the missions will be slightly randomized, it'll be in a random map, out of a few choices, which you'll be sent to when you leave the base which'll have about 3 enemies, would prefer random but think I'll keep it to that for simplicity, whose strength will scale with the party, though I'd like it if the missions would also be slightly randomized, so say you're given 3 missions this time around, 1 hard, 1 medium and 1 easy. But writing that I don't think that'll be really possible, at least not in a way where I could probably print out the difficulty of the missions? Anyway you'll be teleported to the random map and fight the enemies. I wanna have an affection system with the girls in your party where if you win, the girls all get +affection, but if a girl gets ko'd she gets -affection, but if the mission's won the others who weren't ko'd won't lose affection, they'll still get +affection. And if you lose the mission you get teleported back to the base and get -affection with all the girls, but don't lose the game. After that, basically rinse and repeat, pick up another mission, head out, etc.

I have the layout for the main base and one of the maps set up, it's just a matter of getting that framework set up at this point basically. I wanna set an exit that'll lock the player into the base saying "You need a mission before you can leave!". I'm not asking for a step by step, lol, I'm just curious if anyone knows of any good tutorials or such that could help me figure out how to go about doing that? I also have experience with Javascript so I'm not worried about having to dabble with that, so don't be afraid to send me links or advice regarding that.

Again sorry for the super ambiguous question, like I said this is basically the first time using RPG Maker in general, let alone MV, so I'm not fully sure on how to go about doing these things. Thanks for any help anyone can provide!

kin-kun

Modder
Jul 10, 2020
Where you want to start is here:

There are a lot of walk throughs, tutorials, and general help.

Reactions: Emperor_Arcturus

kin-kun

Modder
Jul 10, 2020
Yep already found that thanks
My other recommendation is to build using this:

It takes on average 4 seconds for me to build very large projects on a system that allows hard links, and it can be completely automated. Where as if you use deployment in RPGMaker MV, you'll be sitting there for a while each time.

Emperor_Arcturus

Jul 18, 2017
My other recommendation is to build using this:

It takes on average 4 seconds for me to build very large projects on a system that allows hard links, and it can be completely automated. Where as if you use deployment in RPGMaker MV, you'll be sitting there for a while each time.
oh nice thanks for that! I doubt I'll need it for my project, but never know, could help. Thanks again!

CocoVC

Aug 10, 2018
This list of plugins should help you find the right tools you need for your RPGMMV Project: