• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

a dll initialization failed error

HinataBeys

Apr 10, 2021
1678449621351.png How Can i solve this issue, im using parallel viritual machine, it opens some rpgm games but it doesnt open some... idk why. I use mac thats why for RPGM games i just wanted to use parallels. 1678449621351.png

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
By the window title (scrambled characters) you are missing Japanese locale.

Many japanese games won't work without you configuring the system to support non-unicode characters.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
so I tried what u said but didn't work man.
Can you read the game name when opening it now?
Should look like this:
1678452092132.png
If not then you still haven't done it correctly. I recommend googling on how to set japanese locale on your specific vm.

Jan 10, 2021
Hey hey hey! I found the answer :):):)

sorry i'm just hyped up and this is my first ever post. searching for this for a long time now:
parallels is running windows on arm. windows on arm is emulating x86 apps much like rosetta on mac

---
if you right click on the exe ond go to properties, on the bottom of the properties window there is a button something like "change emulation settings" (sorry i'm german so i'm guessing what it's called in english)
in there, tick "use extended settings" and "disable hybrid emulation mode"
now klick "ok" and "apply" and run the exe again.
the dll initialization error should disappear.
---

fixed "Marauder of Dystopia" for me, so i just hope this works for you too.
if this works, please, whoever reads this, please spread this information in other forums too, because it seems like an error with little to no documentation/solutions.

ZilBorb

Jul 5, 2019
if you right click on the exe ond go to properties, on the bottom of the properties window there is a button something like "change emulation settings" (sorry i'm german so i'm guessing what it's called in english)
the dll initialization error should disappear.
This worked for me :D, cheers!

Reactions: wjaztech

wjaztech

Jul 6, 2018
This also worked for me—thank you!!!