RPGM Abandoned A Cop In New York -Remake- [v0.1] [JMMZ Games]

JMMZGAMES

Game Developer
Nov 28, 2016
vr891ynfzfid.jpg

Overview:
The story is about a detective who has always defended goodness and has always persecuted criminals. When one day everything changes and he is forced to work during the day as a detective and in the afternoons and nights, he will be forced to seduce and corrupt women, who are ordered by levels. On the other hand, he will try to stop the corruptión in the city of New York.​

Thread Updated: 2017-08-03
Release Date: 2017-08-03
Developer: JMMZGAMES
Censored: No
Version: 0.1
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DOWNLOAD
Win:
Part 1: - - -
Part2: - - -

vr891ynfzfid.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
The dev has a thread here detailing his development of this game.. go here..

Davidreiter

Poison Dwarf
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Nice start. Good pictures. Good story, but the map is confusing me. maby somthing as a compas or cold/hot system helps to find the location easyer and faster.

Sunny

Aug 13, 2016
Nice start. Good pictures. Good story, but the map is confusing me. maby somthing as a compas or cold/hot system helps to find the location easyer and faster.
Crosswalks indicate that you can go down for another screen such as the movie theater.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
The premise is not bad, but almost 600mb and not even a sex CG? Well, will try again some builds later.

L

Labtech150

I am playing this game, I got my shower and got dressed I am supposed to go to Lisa's apartment. I can not go to her apartment. Is this where the game ends for this part of the game or am I missing something?

tek

Nov 12, 2016
I am playing this game, I got my shower and got dressed I am supposed to go to Lisa's apartment. I can not go to her apartment. Is this where the game ends for this part of the game or am I missing something?
you need to leave your apartment and go next door:)

L

Labtech150

Have not played this yet but maybe try clicking the door with your mouse instead of pressing Enter key? Have seen this sort of issue in other games before.
Figured it out the circle is a little off where to be :)

Cirro84

Resident Evil-doer, part-time Candyman
Dec 24, 2016
A Cop in New York 1 - v0.0.1a 1080P - First version of the game ...
Hi JMMZ!
Promising. An RPG Maker game without 'cute' content, can already say I like this. Had a chat with sb. not so long ago, about how to create a game with that engine. But without producing yet another 'clone' of the typical 3D scene CGs plus chibi chars, which happens all too often...
Really really like it that you decided to try a different approach. Wish you good luck! Keeping an eye on your work. :)

Last edited:

JMMZGAMES

Game Developer
Nov 28, 2016
I'm going to make a map so you can look at Ethan's apartment.

Woofz

Aug 5, 2016
Quite interesting for being a 0.0.1 version!

Good parts:
* 3D pictures look amazing.
* Interesting story.
* I really like that you went away from the traditional way of moving around in RPGMaker(You are using a parallax system to move around in a map?). It really feels like your in a big city.

"Bad" parts:
* The hallway in Ethans apartment feels way to long. Maybe move the bathroom from ethans bedroom to the hallway? Either way feels like there is to much space not used.
* Really needs a map where everything is. It's really confusing where to go. You could maybe do what iccreations does, where they make cutscenes showing where you are now and moves the camera where you need to go.

Considering this is the first version of the game, I know that the game will develop and look different with each update, looking forward to see the next update!

Cirro84

Dec 24, 2016
Here a map that i will up to the game in the next upgrade.
Okay? That map is friggin' huge, over 6 mbs. Maybe you can reduce it in size? If it's really just a map, perhaps dithering is a way. Dunno how to best rework .pngs... Maybe this helps? and :confused:

Need to start up your game so I can rant about it, too. ;)

JMMZGAMES

Game Developer
Nov 28, 2016
Quite interesting for being a 0.0.1 version!

Good parts:
* 3D pictures look amazing.
* Interesting story.
* I really like that you went away from the traditional way of moving around in RPGMaker(You are using a parallax system to move around in a map?). It really feels like your in a big city.

"Bad" parts:
* The hallway in Ethans apartment feels way to long. Maybe move the bathroom from ethans bedroom to the hallway? Either way feels like there is to much space not used.
* Really needs a map where everything is. It's really confusing where to go. You could maybe do what iccreations does, where they make cutscenes showing where you are now and moves the camera where you need to go.

Considering this is the first version of the game, I know that the game will develop and look different with each update, looking forward to see the next update!
"You are using a parallax system to move around in a map?). It really feels like your in a big city." Use in this game a layer plugin that allows you to create several layers as in Photoshop. And trees, lampposts, and more, are events.

JMMZGAMES

Game Developer
Nov 28, 2016
Okay? That map is friggin' huge, over 6 mbs. Maybe you can reduce it in size? If it's really just a map, perhaps dithering is a way. Dunno how to best rework .pngs... Maybe this helps? and :confused:

Need to start up your game so I can rant about it, too. ;)
Here you have in jpg. 600Kb.

Reactions: Davidreiter

Cirro84

Dec 24, 2016
Here you have in jpg...
Well thanks. I actually thought about your game and how you could integrate that map in a useful way. Guess you know already, every file loaded in-game adds to resources being processed while playing. Maybe even a little map with 6+ mbs, because it's in use most of the time. Just saying. :)
Also you might want to give Ethan a wider stance, would look better. Ethan 951647368.png

Edit: would you mind updating the pics on your Patreon with names for the characters? Or would this spoil too much? I'd like to know who they are. ;)