A BitTorrent client for daz3d ?

Aug 6, 2016
So I was using this software called PopCorn time which is as Wikipedia describes it "a multi-platform, BitTorrent client that includes an integrated media player". So i was wondering what if we could create a BitTorrent Client and store the torrent magnet/file and the information and pictures of the daz3d asset on a server and then let the user download it from the client. This way there is an organized way to look at torrent files and download them. I do not use torrents websites for daz3d assets because the websites are fucking terrible and very tough to navigate. Can you imaging if it would look like the late daz3dfree and be torrents. That could save us quite a lot of hassle. I'm not sure if I have conveyed my message in a good way or not. I want to know your opinions. Is this a viable proposal of would it just be easier to do something like daz3dfree where they stored it in google drive ?
Edit #1: Now if I come to think of it we could make it for anything we want and not just Daz3d assets. Hell we could make it for adult games as well.

Deleted member 136796

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2017
A torrent site for Daz assets would be nice, but a word of warning. The powers that be at Daz Studios can be dicks, the took down a site recently called Daz3dfree.com and quite a few others. I also know that the people over at Affect3d are starting to get really annoyed with torrents and pirates so they are taking down content too. I am not discouraging anyone, I visit many different sites and I see the value in what you're proposing, but be prepared for a lot of hassle.

Aug 6, 2016
A torrent site for Daz assets would be nice, but a word of warning. The powers that be at Daz Studios can be dicks, the took down a site recently called Daz3dfree.com and quite a few others. I also know that the people over at Affect3d are starting to get really annoyed with torrents and pirates so they are taking down content too. I am not discouraging anyone, I visit many different sites and I see the value in what you're proposing, but be prepared for a lot of hassle.
The thing is we will just use other sites API, we are only going to host the the data that would pull information from the other websites.Like we could host the torrent files on the TPB and use a TPB API for downloading stuff. We won't be hosting anything that way.

Deleted member 136796

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2017
I have a few sites that may be of use to you then
dazposer.net,
ps-ds.info
topgfx.com/index.php
gfxstuff.ru
I use these all the time and they usually have up to date items and they are really simple to download from and I've never gotten a bad file or virus from them.

Reactions: Deleted member 487