Ren'Py Abandoned A Better Tomorrow [v0.40 Part 2] [Gecko]

3.20 star(s) 14 Votes

AccForResearch

Jun 7, 2018
This has great potentiel. There is not much to do yet, but he characters look appealing and it has a likable male lead.

h3avenw0rd

Jun 7, 2017
Font choice was definitely the stand out thing upon starting the game, really would prefer another more readable font instead. VNs need to be readable, stylish fonts like these makes it really awkward to read, therefore voiding the written content.

The other thing that stood out, the game startup "noise". Way too loud, and honestly noises like these are why I prefer these games to be silent than be bombarded with maxed volume sounds on fresh launch. Ease the players into the sound(like default it to 50% or not have sound until they hit start), not startle them on launch and make them bleed out their ears.

There should also be a different effect used for kisses, like a heart or kiss mark, but anger mark is definitely out of place.

Potential is there, but lots of work ahead.

Reactions: Gecko_

DOM76210

Dec 19, 2017
Is it me, or does this have a weird script? It feels like a lot of the sentences are just flat-out missing a word, and not in the usual way where I can chalk it up as a typo or something.

Yeah, the game creator will not be confused with a wordsmith. Half of the text sections where chat speech instead of actual sentences.

The "stepsister" acting like a total bitch for no reason makes no sense whatsoever. The mother and sister acting weird also makes little sense. There is nothing interesting so far with this title. I'll check back in 6 months to see if it moved anywhere.

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
I kind of hate the writing, but that's the only major mark against this game. It's in okay English, the renders are okay, the fonts and scenes are okay, the plot is barely okay, and it's not quite boring. The dev seems to have a feel for a baseline game, and now it's just a waiting game to see whether it develops in a direction we enjoy - looks like it'll be quest-driven, but nothing like that exists yet, nor do the "serious" themes.

Based on 0.1, this is not a total write-off yet, but I see nothing interesting.

danteworks

Developer of Depravity
Game Developer
Dec 3, 2018
The text is a little hard to understand because of the font, but I really like the fluidity in the pictures. It's something that undoubtedly takes lot of time, but I can appreciate it.

tonny

Jun 14, 2017
Yeaaaah I really like this game so far, mostly the story, funny, hot and messed up hehe Just what I like :) aaaand the girls are not bad either :p Nice work so far:) looking farward to some real action :D

Reactions: Gecko_ and Toranion

Sidereel

Mar 17, 2018
So I'm confused. The way the naming thing is written, the dev clearly wants us to make them family members, but the dialogue doesn't fit that scenario, so it comes out all wonky and barely coherent.

Reactions: christoprd
3.20 star(s) 14 Votes