Ren'Py - Abandoned - A Better Tomorrow [v0.40 Part 2] [Gecko]

1. 2.00 star(s)

zeromike

I can't recommend this game. The art isn't bad but my god the story and mechanics just make playing it too irritating. The club scene was as far as I got and walking around with no clue how to end that dumb scene was enough to uninstall it. If you found three hot women suddenly admit they have all kinds of feelings for you of course you would go to a club and feel up bimbos....I wish devs would find some reasonable stories and stay away from mechanics that just piss the player off while reading nonsense.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Angelray

The start may not be bad, but the gameplay or the "what to do" is totally unclear. You will be lost in the "free roam" moments, and repeat actions in loop without information, and it has killed my desire to play this...

It's too bad because the promise (sisters, mother) of the game, and the girls visual appeal is not that bad...

Also there is no real music nor sound design in this, as is usual (and sad) in most AVNs.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

qljrnt6jc4eh2

Very unpleasant game. It's not about the renders or the women in general (renders are ok, scenes are fluid and well made)- it's about story, the personalities aka the core game. The MC is some dumb, boring and unlikeable d*ck, the women are dumb, shallow aswell. I usually wouldn't mind so much, as I'm mainly playing games just FOR the lewd stuff, but this is something different here.
    It looks like the dev doesn't have much (or any..) experience in social behaviour and interaction, which is essential for developing a visual story about humans idk..
    Last thing is about the s.c. "free roam" elements in this game. They are a joke. You will be left inside a specific room once in a while, your movement is ALWAYS limited to 2, maybe 3 rooms in which only 1 will trigger an event- there is no choice, it's always predefined. Choices you make (like choosing a woman over another, or talking in a specific order) won't have any impact, they just add a few more lines of text.

TL;DR: Don't even waste your time downloading, because it's a mess of a game and it won't change to the better.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

_Utakata_

I was wrong about this game
    First time i played i missed lot of events
    With the walktrough from the Dev i finished the game until its latest update
    This game is great What i love the most is the start of the game it kind of acts like a introduction to the story and the events
    Story is really great
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Larry2000

A bit rough at the beginning with renders, but improved a lot of the next updates. The scene at the bar was awesome! It was basic, but it felt as if you had options even when you were very limited. Linear design is hard to feel non-linear, but that seen hit the nail on the head for me. As for the game as a whole, I enjoyed it immensely, things went a little fast, but the models were unique enough to forgive almost all of its flaws.

It's only a shame that we will never see the end of this game as it's abandoned. I don't know why I even went into the dust bin and picked out this game, but I did and I'm glad I did. In an alternate reality where this became as popular as DMD I hope the people in that reality enjoy.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

wrarar

characters: they are nice but...

story: is ok.

scenes (erotic ones): really hot.

gameplay: meh, is good.

draws (cg): good.

conclussion: the characters are cute but sicko, all of them. the story works too well for the MC all the time and the "choices" you made, defy logic and common sense. now this probably would be a bad thing in any game, but if makes me go "WTF?" and then giggle. it works and thats good.

this game deserve your time and money.

psdt: the story it improves 100% when solid snake apear.
  7. 3.00 star(s)

Game Reviewer

Story was very good in the beggining then after sometime now i have to click characters,go to some rooms to trigger events,dialogues making the flow of the story unstable/bad

It has Reapeatable dialogues making you waste time
    Should add some walkthrough or at least guide to continue or progress in the game since you have to find the character or room to trigger the event making you look like playing some detective game

For the story 5/10 it was good in the beggining then it s getting worse
    Character models unique 10/10 very good and unique well done
    Character personalities its 8/10
    Incest theme 7/10 relatable to people
    Sex scene was 7/10 good but should add some point of view

Hope the developer listens and change it to real visual novel
    I may change my review if something big changed
  8. S
    5.00 star(s)

switchsl

A timeless tale about a young man living with three beautiful women. You've seen it before and you'll see it again because it works if you put enough effort into it. So far, Gecko, the developer has done a decent job blending an interesting story with frequent choices, good looking models, standard Honey Select animation and "a small dose of comedy".

The writing is native English in a font not seen often, but also not annoying to read either. It's also fairly well thought out and entertaining. If you are seeking out comedy tags in an adult game, don't expect a Chapelle special, but you will probably chuckle or at least smirk a few times in this early version(.10a).

The models and renders are decent, standard honey select with some sort of artsy filter thrown on for a bit of a hand painted effect... at least that's how I see it, I could be wrong. It's a subtle difference, yet all that matters as far as it standing out from the sea of vanilla HS games. There are frequent pose changes too, making quite a big difference in how you perceive the characters interaction and the developers effort made to shape a unique experience.

It's still very early on yet I believe it's worth a play through. There's about an hour to it and you most likely won't be disappointed. We can only hope that Gecko finds the motivation, time and support necessary to carry this project to completion.

This is my first review, I hope it helped someone make a decision.
  9. 1.00 star(s)

Avaron1974

It's like a really bad teenagers wet fever dream.

First a scene. The MC in the kitchen with his mother. He kissed her earlier and she liked it so asks for another. He falls off the chair and his penis springs out of his pants. She bends over to help him and her tits fall out of her shirt.

Why is that relevant?

Because it leads to the absolute worst choice selection i've ever quit a game over.

Wakes up next morning, goes downstairs, his mother hands him a coffee and asks "is there something you are forgetting" to which you have 3 options...

1. you want to show me your titties (seriously, what the fuck is this shit?)
    2. want to show you my dick again (I don't even)
    3. it's your birthday.

3 doesn't work by the way, no point it being there. I chose that one because the other 2 were stupid as fuck.

The renders are honey select done on a toaster. The settings are turned wayyyy down.

The writing though .... dear god the writing.

I take back anything bad I ever said about any other game this is the worst thing i've ever attempted to read. Basic incest setting with immature writing and an MC with all the personality of playdough.

If minus stars were a thing i'd be handing them out.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

cloudmoon

Version 10a review

If you only played one of the earlier versions, I'd suggest giving this game another try. When I first played it I remember it feeling incredibly unpolished. Scenes felt rushed. The writing/grammar was bad. The character's actions seemed to come out of nowhere. The only good thing it had going for it were nice character models and pretty decent renders.

While it's true that the story still moves at a much faster pace than is realistic, the tone, characters, and overall presentation has vastly improved from those first builds.

The characters still sometimes go to silly extremes with name calling and (rarely) physical violence. But now it feels like there's a discernible pattern to it. You feel that each character has a unique personality and they're mostly consistent with that. And the characters actually reflect on their actions and self-moderate, instead of just showing one unrealistically extreme action after another.

And there's even some lampshading humor thrown in that caught me off guard and made me laugh.

It also feels as if a story is starting to unfold, instead of just a series of semi-connect scenes. In this version I feel like the game creator(s) actually have a plan.

So while this doesn't exactly break the mold as far as romance your family games go, this version of the game thoroughly entertained me and I'm happily waiting to see more.
  11. 3.00 star(s)

mario1994

V 0.15
    Twistedcat8
    Said what needed to be said about this game, its still in it first phase stages. It does not give Us, the players an excitement we needed. Some events are too forced or not logical to bring excitement out of me. Its still in its bare bones stage. Dev needs money like we all do and if someone feels that his project is promisng enaugh then he is free to donate money. No one will say otherwise, but as a game its still in its starting phase. Full of little things that make the gameplay a little or very frustrating expirience. So for now I can give at most 3 stars. Mostly because of content with Landlady. Soo.. I keep my fingers crossed for better framework for your game in near future. One with hint system and the end notice after each update. So we will know if we ended all content or if there is something waiting for Us..
    v 0. 10a
    Promising intro to a game similar but still not up to its competition.

In this version dev introduced a system which would monitor Mc's stats like need to pee, eat, wash etc.. it seems like nice way to grind in this game.. and artificially prolong the gameplay. Its still just an intro into this system. If it won't negatively influance game play like in several titles I have played, it will be something refreshing.

Plot is not the most.. deep or good.. it is. Just to be there and move on with main story.

Mc is an indecisive wimp.. Hardly an Mc anyone would wish to be. A kid in a mans body.. no empathy for other characters. Sisters feelings or his moms. I hope that in the future he will man up and won't make their lives miserible.

What is good in this game? Models.. and thats only in case of Mother.. which is the best and looks similar to mother from Perverted Hotel. Sisters.. look ok.. like next two characters.

For now dev does not know what he is doing.. but it might change after several updates. So there is that. Might be better.. and its hardly possible to make it worse. Well.. if Dev will make of it grind fest, then It wil be worse.

For now, a position to consider after several updates
  12. 5.00 star(s)

tonny

I think the story is really good, funny, and hot, It got really nice animations and the render look good, could be a little more smooth tho I think and I dislike girls butts being too big, but thats just my taste, so it gets 4 solid Stars from me :) but 100% worth it to try it out!

Edit: cause someone only gave it one star,im gonna add one more, cause one star, is just just not enough to give this game.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Charlie Simmon

Excellent renders and story. The grammar is a little sloppy but I don't give a shit about that. And sometimes I think it is intentionally sloppy. Lots of humor. I can't wait to see what's next in store for this game.
  14. 1.00 star(s)

Twistedcat8

No just no.

This is a perfect example of a Concept not a game that are popping up all the time. The foundations are there but this project needed at least 6 months more work before even being released in an alpha stage. And then the creator has the audacity to ask for money through Patreon.

Don't even touch this project till atleast version .25 if it even gets there.

To the creator if you are reading this, I am not flaming you or trolling you. This project needs way more time and effort put into before it even sees the light of day. Just because you have some concept it doesn't mean you have to share it immediately. Work on refine it till there is meat to the project.

One of the best ways to get into people/consumers/players good graces is to release quality content. Too many of these projects get released way too fucking early to the point where a lot of people don't touch them anymore because creators like you pop up and put out a concept, ask for money on Patreon/other sites then drop the project in a year - year and a half before the project could truly get any life into it.