Slamjax

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2023
I say that because I really appreciate the diversity and the simple, fast, non-grindy mechanics!
Thanks, that's exactly what I was aiming for and I'm glad you noticed enough to say it.
When you play a fap game, nothing kills the momentum for a player more than grinding points to get to the next scene. I never want to do that in the games I make. I think it's lazy and the opposite of fun.

flwqo

Modder
Jun 6, 2021
8 Days with the Diva [v1.0.0] - Transparent Compression

This is a compression, compared to the automated compression by tools like UAGC which lowers quality.

In contrast, I've manually cleaned up unused files and done extensive testing to ensure that this compression is perceptually indistinguishable from the original. Unless you're pixel-peeping at 400% zoom you'll not notice any difference in image quality.

Technical details
I removed all unused, cached and compiled Renpy files. All sounds and images were manually compared and parsed to the entire script to remove unused files. There were many leftovers from the development of the game. They were then converted to the most efficient file formats Renpy currently supports for best quality/size.

Sounds were converted to 128k bitrate opus.
Images were put through extensive testing with varying levels of quality and compared so as to be indistinguishable from the original. I was conservative, choosing quality over lower size.
They were converted to cq-level 8, 4:4:4, 10-bit , at best possible efficiency (speed 0, jobs(threads) 1).

Finally, the script were changed in necessary places to facilitate the converted media. I've gone to great lengths to make as little changes as possible and make it compatible with my walkthough/gallery mod. You should be able to apply those on top of this compressed version.

Please report any problems. I've tested it, but things could have slipped through the cracks.

Summary
Game v1.0 is 898MB.
This compressed version is 382MB, at no perceived quality loss.

- - -

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 6 Votes