• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

3DLOAD & Render State won't load

WMakelele

Jul 28, 2020
PLEASE! Read the entire post before answering. I explain my situation there and what I've already tried.

Hello!

The title explains my issue perfectly.

I've been working on some 3D testing lately but I just don't know why I can't access these websites today. I'm afraid this problem could be bigger than I thought at first. Let me get to the point:
  • I can't access Cloudflare websites via ANY browser.
  • I tried to clear cache and browsing in private without success.
  • I've only loaded the websites (3DLOAD and render-state) when using a VPN or my 4G mobile phone.
  • I don't get a 5xx error message. I just get looped inside the cloudflare verification forever.
  • I don't know how long has this problem been there because I only test rendering on my free time.
Do you have any idea of what could this be? I'm supposing this may have something to do with my firewall/router but honestly, I'd rather not have to check it.
In addition, I highly doubt this is a website problem because, as I said, I can access these websites from other devices.

That should be everything.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
  • I don't get a 5xx error message. I just get looped inside the cloudflare verification forever.
If I'm not mistaking, it mean that your browser failed to pass (or not quickly enough) the defy presented by cloudflare, and it present you a new one, then a new one, then a new one.
What tend to point the browser oldness, or the connection slowness as cause.

WMakelele

Jul 28, 2020
If I'm not mistaking, it mean that your browser failed to pass (or not quickly enough) the defy presented by cloudflare, and it present you a new one, then a new one, then a new one.
What tend to point the browser oldness, or the connection slowness as cause.
Hello and thanks for your answer.
Yep, my problem is what you just said. Actually, it's been a few days since I've noticed some connection slows/issues. But I'm afraid that's not the real problem at all. I've been able to access these websites but after a few clicks I get back to the verification loop. I don't know how my browser could affect the issue since I've tried 5 different browser...
The problem is random and I'm guessing it could have something to do with CG-NAT but I'm not sure at all...
Currently I'm scanning for virus but I don't have many expectations on it.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
But I'm afraid that's not the real problem at all. I've been able to access these websites but after a few clicks I get back to the verification loop.
This generally mean that either your browser lost the cookies, or your IP address changed.

I don't know how my browser could affect the issue since I've tried 5 different browser...
But were they all up to date browsers, or old versions that were still hanging on your computer ?
Without probably always going for the newest technology, Cloudflare update its defy time to time, reflecting the evolution of browsers.
The goal is to provide a challenge that will need some times (in order to limit the entry of new host in the DDoS scheme) and can't easily be faked (in order to exclude as many bots as possible). This mean that they can't just rely on basic JavaScript computation and need to involve some none trivial mechanism, and also that they can't keep them static for a to long period of time, because "the bad guys" are also searching an efficient algorithm to counter cloudflare protection.

The problem is random and I'm guessing it could have something to do with CG-NAT but I'm not sure at all...
I don't see why it would be a problem. It's NAT you've no control on, and that assign more than one client to a single IP address, but in the end it's nothing more than NAT. No reason to cause an issue here, unless your ISP is administrated by idiots who don't freeze the public IP address assigned to a customer for at least a 12 hours period, or that totally messed their CG-NAT implementation and have client collisions leading their NAT to send request to the wrong destination.

But, once again unless the ISP configuration is a real mess, at what moment Cloudflare can be bothered by this ?
It have no reason to validate the IP address by comparing the one on the packets with the local IP address asked to the browser. It would exclude all the people using NAT and all those using a VPN. Not really a good idea to offer a service that would so drastically limit the number of person able to reach the servers of their customers.
It also have no reason to invalidate a connection because someone else is accessing another part of the site with the same IP address. It's a legit behavior to have more than one page of a given site to be opened, and it happen that sometime you've two different pages of the same site that are loading in the same time.
The same apply for connections by the same IP address but to different sites they handle. It's a legit behavior even if you exclude the existence of CG-NAT.
As for possible issues with CG-NATed connections they are also less likely to exist. In addition to the ISPs using it, there's also thousands of societies all around the world that use CG-NAT to offer an access to the wild for their LAN. It would once again drastically limit the interest of their services.
Finally, perhaps that Cloudflare have made a change that would have messed with CG-NAT. But since it would really impact the interest of their services, they would surely have already noticed the issue and solved it.

This being said, it's just my thoughts, and I can be wrong.

WMakelele

Jul 28, 2020
I know. I was just wondering if my shared public (and shared) IP may be blacklisted from any Cloudflare service and now I'm paying consequences. About the ISP, I could expect everything from them since all ISP companies in my country are quite infamous. QoS is usually as volatile as bitCoin value.

I've already tried pretty much everything... Crossing fingers so the issue solves itself xd.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
I know. I was just wondering if my shared public (and shared) IP may be blacklisted from any Cloudflare service [...]
I don't think so. They probably drop traffic from this or that IP address if the said address is caught being part of a DDoS, but because of NAT, CG-NAT, and dynamic IP addresses, they surely also reestablish it few minutes later. For the same reason, this is also probably not done globally but for a given portion of their network, or even for a given destination.

Their goal is to ease the load of their routers, not to prevent a legit user to access a site because he had the bad luck to have the wrong IP address.

Now, this being said, there's a pretty good equivalent of those two sites here. And at worse go to the "request" part and ask for the asset you're looking for if you know exactly what you want.

Reactions: WMakelele