• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Game Compressor
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
View attachment 3475909

Staff, Good evening!
It's been a couple of days since a notification of an unread message has appeared in my inbox, and even though I have opened and read all the messages, the notification remains.
What should I do to make this notification disappear?
Try deleting some of them. see if it goes away

• Haha
Reactions: hu lover

hu lover

Forum Fanatic
Jul 27, 2022
View attachment 3475909

Staff, Good evening!
It's been a couple of days since a notification of an unread message has appeared in my inbox, and even though I have opened and read all the messages, the notification remains.
What should I do to make this notification disappear?
thank you for mentioning this problem, i have been having this problem for months now, even after i choose to "unread" all conversation messages, the highlighted 1 still appears next to the inbox category, ryahn suggested "try deleting some of the messages" but right now i tried to delete a message by selecting it, then choose an action, "delete" is not an option available to choose from. Perhaps he was referring to the "Leave conversation" option? this is not really a concern having the 1 highlight adjacent to the inbox but it would be great if there was a fix to this issue.

Last edited:

hu lover

Forum Fanatic
Jul 27, 2022
I think the only way to delete a message from your inbox is to choose the "Leave Conversation" option.
The message disappears from your inbox, but it still remains in the inbox of the person who was in the conversation.

Anyway... I "deleted" or left the conversation of as many messages as possible without losing the important ones, yet the notification of an unread message continues as shown in the image above.

View attachment 3476017
Even after leaving a few message conversations you are still seeing the one highlight next to the inbox? if you are still seeing a one highlight indicator, that means this is a bug of some sort. hopefully there is a fix to this bug if possible, but right now i am not going to worry about this.

peterppp

Mar 5, 2020
i have it too and it's been that way for a long time for many people as far as i know. some kind of bug. just ignore is my advice

Reactions: Hagatagar

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
I did some tests. That message meter is weirdly affected by the buttons Mark read/unread.
I managed to increase it when I marked an unread conversation as "read", and it went down when I marked it again as "unread" (when it should have been the other way around).

I guess a boolean condition went wrong. Nothing we can fix by ourselves, I fear.
Imo the thread should be moved into Site Problems

peterppp

Mar 5, 2020
I did some tests. That message meter is weirdly affected by the buttons Mark read/unread.
I managed to increase it when I marked an unread conversation as "read", and it went down when I marked it again as "unread" (when it should have been the other way around).

I guess a boolean condition went wrong. Nothing we can fix by ourselves, I fear.
Imo the thread should be moved into Site Problems
i figured out what makes the bug happen. now i have 6 unread instead of 1 lol

building on what you said, the bug happens (the bugging number increases) when you mark more conversations unread than the current (bugging) unread number, and then mark them as read again (or read the thread).

so, assuming you have no unread messages, but it still says "inbox [1]", you can increase the bugging number to say 3 by marking 3 conversations unread and then marking them read again.

based on this, my guess is that the original bugging inbox [1] happened because at some point we marked a conversation unread, and then when we read it, the bug happened

Sam

Hagatagar

Oct 11, 2019
based on this, my guess is that the original bugging inbox [1] happened because at some point we marked a conversation unread, and then when we read it, the bug happened
I also have the "Inbox [1] bug", but I never marked one as unread, it must be something else. :unsure: